One problem with most tailgate parties is there is never enough table space. Finding the right tailgating table can make the entire tailgate party more enjoyable for everyone.
If you are just searching for a basic folding table for tailgating, I like the Lifetime Height-Adjustable Folding Table because not only is it adjustable, but it also folds in half and comes with a built in handle that makes it very easy to pack into a vehicle and transport to and from the game.
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
These are my choices for the best tailgate tables:
- *My Favorite* Lifetime Height Adjustable Utility Folding Table (click here to view)
- *Best Table w/ Seats* Office Star Resin Folding Bench and Table Set (click here to view)
- *Best Small Table w/ Seats* Lifetime Portable Folding Table & Bench Set (click here to view)
- *Best NCAA Team Table* Logo Brands Officially Licensed NCAA Table (click here to view)
- *Best NFL Team Table* NFL Branded Portable Tailgating Table (click here to view)
- *Best Grill Table* Cuisinart Take-Along Grill Table (click here to view)
- *Best Portable Kitchen* Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen (click here to view)
- *Best Pop-Up Table* ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table (click here to view)
- *Best Ice Table* Ice Party Table Portable Tailgate Table (click here to view)
- *Best Kid’s Table* Lifetime Kid’s Folding Picnic Table (click here to view)
Transporting your table to and from the game can be a hassle, and as I mentioned above, that is why I like the Lifetime table because it folds down into a nice packable size. If you need bench seating to go with your tailgate table, I really like the Office Star table and bench set on the list above because it also folds down to a nice packable size.
For smaller tailgates, a simple pop-up table might work just fine. These pop-up tables function much like a camping chair. You simply take the table out of the carrying case and expand the legs, and the table is ready to use.
For more complex needs, the Coleman portable kitchen will give you proper space to prepare and serve food at your tailgate party. And the ice table on the list above gives you a spot to store drinks and cold-food trays on a hot afternoon.
In this article let’s take a closer look at the best tailgating tables so you can find an option that fits your needs. Let’s also discuss a few things to consider when shopping for a tailgate table.
Best Tailgating Tables
Lifetime Height Adjustable Utility Folding Table
Are you looking for a basic folding table for tailgating? If so, I like this Lifetime Height-Adjustable Folding Table. It’s easy to customize the height based on your specific needs, and its folds neatly in half which makes it easy to load into the back of an SUV (or even the trunk of some cars).
Here’s what this Lifetime tailgating table looks like:
This is the current price of this Lifetime portable table for tailgating available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this table:
- Height Adjustable – You can customize the height of this table to fit your specific needs. It has four adjustable height settings of 22-Inches, 24-Inches, 29-Inches, and 36-Inches.
- Easy to Transport – This table folds in half and comes with a built-in handle that makes it easy to transport. It can be loaded into the back of an SUV and can also fit into the trunk of some cars. When folded down, it is about 2 feet long and 2 feet wide. The table weighs approximately 19 pounds.
- Material – This table is made with a weather-resistant steel frame and the surface of the table is made with a polyethylene plastic material that is designed to be stain-resistant. The table can hold approximately 200 pounds of weight.
- Dimensions – This Lifetime tailgating table measures 48 inches long and 24 inches wide when fully extended. As I mentioned above, the table folds in half to make it easier to transport. The table has a seating capacity of four people.
Click here to buy this Lifetime portable table for tailgating available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). If you need a simple folding table, I think this table meets your needs and has the added bonus of being easier to pack into a vehicle than most folding tables.
Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen
If you are looking for a tailgate table that allows you to meal prep at the tailgate party, this Coleman portable kitchen might be a nice option. Not only does it come with space for a table-top grill, it gives you plenty of surface area to both prepare and serve your food.
Here’s what this Coleman portable kitchen looks like:
This is the current price of this Coleman portable kitchen for tailgating available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this unit:
- Multi-Surface – Versatility is the strength of this portable kitchen. Not only do you have a place for your small table-top grill, there is a side table for preparing and serving food along with a mesh shelf for storing essentials. There are also multiple utensil hooks so you don’t have to place your greasy grill accessories all over the table top.
- Material & Design – The prep table on this Coleman kitchen measures at 31.5 x 21.3 inches, and the grill area measures at 27.8 x 20.5 inches. The frame is made out of aluminum.
- Easy to Transport – This portable kitchen, despite having multiple surfaces, is very easy to pack and transport. It folds down to a very reasonable size that can fit easily into the back of an SUV or car. Overall it weighs about 14 pounds.
Click here to buy this Coleman portable kitchen available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). This stand also comes with a lantern hook in case you also want to use this for camping trips.
Office Star Resin Folding Bench and Table Set
Do you need both table and seating for your tailgate? If so, this portable table and bench set by Office Star might be your best option. Extra seating area at a tailgate party is never a bad idea, and if the benches aren’t needed they can easily be used as convenient side tables.
Here’s what this Office Star table and bench set looks like:
This is the current price of this Office Star tailgating table and bench set available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this set:
- Large Parties – Expecting a lot of people? If so, having extra seating on hand is never a bad idea. As I mentioned above, if you end up not needing the extra bench seating, they can turn into extra table space to set drinks or extra plates and utensils.
- Material – The waterproof resin surface on this table and bench set is stain-resistant and easy to clean, and also resists scratching. The steel-tubing frame is dependable but also lightweight enough to transport.
- Easy to Transport – Much like the Lifetime table we discussed at the top of the article, one thing I really like about this Office Star table and bench set is both the table and benches fold down to a very packable, easy-to-transport design that comes with a built-in handle.
- Dimensions – This Office Star tailgating table measures 72 inches in length and 30 inches in width. It stands approximately 29.5 inches tall. The benches are slightly longer than the table, and measure approximately 17.5 inches in height. The table can hold approximately 350 pounds and the benches can hold approximately 200 pounds each.
Click here to buy this Office Star tailgating table and bench set available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). No assembly is required for this table and bench set, you will just need to fold it into place for use.
ALPS Mountaineering Eclipse Table
Looking for something that is extremely simply to use? This ALPS pop-up table for tailgating will be a nice solution for a small tailgate party, especially if you prefer something that is very easy to transport and setup.
Here’s what this ALPS tailgate table looks like:
This is the current price of this ALSP pop-up tailgating table available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this table:
- Small Parties – If you are confined to a small parking space for tailgating, sometimes the larger tables don’t make much sense. This pop-up table will be perfect if you are looking for a small table to place plates of food on or to play cards on prior to the game. The overall dimensions are 27″ L x 27″ W x 26″ H, which makes it one of the smaller options on our list.
- Easy to Setup – Not only is this table small and lightweight, making it easy to toss in your vehicle, it also just simply folds into place much like a camping chair and takes basically no time to setup. The durable polyester fabric is also very easy to clean.
- Design – This pop-up table transports much like a camping chair that simply folds up and is easy to pack. The tautness of the table can be adjusted if you prefer more of a firm surface for eating. Cup holders exist below the table top so you have a place to conveniently store your drink.
Click here to buy this ALPS pop-up tailgate table available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). This table also has an organizational pocket and comes with a carry case.
Other Tailgating Tables to Consider
- Logo Brands Officially Licensed NCAA Table – If you are searching for a tailgating table to use at a college football tailgate, this is a nice option to get a team-branded table. This is a pop-up table that is easy to transport, and will be best used at smaller tailgates, or as a side table at a large tailgate. Click here to view this NCAA tailgate table available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Ice Party Table Portable Tailgate Table – Need a ice table for tailgating? This table is a perfect place to store drinks or cold fold trays and keep them chilled even on a hot afternoon. This table is foldable so it is easy to transport and has a drainage tube so you can put a bucket under the table and let the water drain into the bucket as the ice melts away. Click here to view this ice tray table available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Lifetime Kid’s Folding Picnic Table – It’s always good to have a place for the kids to sit. This small portable picnic table is easy to fold-up and slip into the back of the truck or SUV. It can seat up to 4 children and is made with UV-resistant material that is easy to clean. This picnic table folds flat so you can transport it to and from the game. Click here to view this kid’s portable picnic table available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
5 Things to Consider When Buying a Tailgating Table
Space at Your Tailgate
How much physical space do you have at your tailgate? If you only have the back-end of a parking space, obviously you will be looking for a smaller table. Make sure you check the policies of the stadium you will be tailgating at so that you know how much space you will have.
Also, how many people are going to be at your tailgate? This obviously will impact how much table surface space you will need, and also bring into question if you want to supply seating.
As we mentioned above, one issue you may run in to if you are hosting a larger tailgate is that you supply a lot of table space, but then people show up without a place to sit. If seating might be an issue, the table and bench sets in our list at the top of the page might be your best option.
Ease of Transport
How much space do you have in your vehicle to store a folding table? Some of these tables will still take up a decent amount of space even when packed and folded. If you are packing your tailgate into a car, you might have to settle for a smaller table.
This is why I like the Lifetime Foldable Table at the top of our list because it folds in half and is very easy to pack into the back of a truck, SUV, or even the trunk of some cars.
Weight of the Tailgate Table
There are two main things to think about here. First, how much are you able to carry? Some of the premium heavy-duty folding tables can weigh upwards of 40+ pounds. Make sure you are considering the overall weight of each of these tables.
But you will also want to be mindful of weather and lightweight tables. These lightweight tables may be easy to transport, but not only do they not support much weight, they also can get blown around in the wind. The last you need is the table blowing over and sending all of your items scattering across the entire parking lot section.
Finding a table for tailgating is the easy part. Setting up the grill, tent, and TV is the hard part. If you are hosting a tailgate party, here are some of our other resources to help you get the party going in the right direction:
- Quiet Generator for Tailgates
- TV at a Tailgate
- Satellite for Tailgating
- WIFI at a Tailgate
- Fire Pits for Tailgating
- Heater for Tailgating
- Cooler for Tailgating
- Rocking Tailgate Chairs
- Cornhole Boards for Tailgating
Tailgating Table Alternatives
Do you even need a tailgating table? For the minimalists out there, perhaps you can actually save the money and find an alternative solution. Here are three alternative ideas to consider instead of buying a tailgate table:
- Use Your Actual Tailgate – Driving a truck or an SUV? Perhaps the tailgate of the truck or the opened hatch of the SUV will be enough space to house plates, drinks. Paper towels, and a tray of food.
- Large Cooler – If you are only hosting a few people at a tailgate, and also have limited space, a large, versatile cooler may be a problem solver for you.
- Rental – Hosting a large tailgate party? Perhaps renting tables and chairs makes more sense than buying enough tables and chairs to host 25 people. Some local rental shops offer tables for $8-$10 per table and might be able to avoid delivery fees by picking them up yourself. If your hosting a one-off tailgate, this option may be cheaper than buying your own tailgating table.