Sportsfanfocus.com has no affiliation with the Univ. of Alabama, Alabama Athletics, or Bryant–Denny Stadium (info)
This is a guide to the Alabama Crimson Tide home stadium (Bryant-Denny Stadium). Going to a College Football game can be fun, but it is also a unique experience that you will want to plan for accordingly. There are certain policies and procedures you will want to be aware of beforehand, as well as stadium gate and parking lot locations for easy entrance.
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to a Alabama Football Game
- Alabama Crimson Tide Ticket Information
- Bryant-Denny Stadium Gate Information
- Best Place to Park at Bryant-Denny Stadium
- Does Bryant-Denny Stadium Take Cash?
- How Long are Alabama Crimson Tide Football Games?
- Where is the Alabama Football Team Store?
What to Bring to an Alabama Crimson Tide Football Game?
If you are going to an Alabama Crimson Tide Football game, planning ahead is always important. Below is a list of things you might need to bring, and you will want to make sure you are complying with any security protocols the stadium has:
- Small Clutch Bag – Bryant-Denny Stadium does allow bags, but they have a very strict policy on what type of bag and size dimensions.
- Parking Pass – Many stadiums recommend fans to pre-purchase parking passes if needed to help avoid the hassle and wait times associated with buying passes at the stadium. You can check out our Bryant Denny Stadium Parking guide for more information on parking at Bryant Denny Stadium.
- Weather and Sun Protection – Bryant-Denny Stadium is an open-air stadium, which means you will need to be prepared to face the elements when you go to an Alabama Football game.
- Cashless Payment – Many stadiums are transitioning to cashless payments, so bringing a form of payment other than cash is a good idea.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
Can You Bring a Bag Into Bryant-Denny Stadium?
As an emphasis on security has increased in recent years, stadiums have adjusted their bag policies. There are strict regulations regarding the types of bags allowed inside a stadium. Yes you can bring a bag into Bryant-Denny Stadium, but there are exceptions. The bag needs to be clear plastic or PVC and have to be 12″ by 6″ by 12″ or smaller (source).
You will also need to plan on the bag being screened at security. If you have further questions you should reach out to Bryant-Denny Stadium staff (contact information).
Can You Bring a Blanket Into Bryant-Denny Stadium?
Yes, you can bring a blanket into Alabama Crimson Tide games at Bryant-Denny Stadium. However, most stadiums ask that you make sure items such as a blanket are used in a manner that do not bother those sitting in seats next to you. Also, be prepared to have it screened at the security checkpoint.
Alabama Crimson Tide Ticket Information
Buying Alabama Football Tickets
Yes, you can buy Alabama Football tickets at the stadium, but only as long as supplies last. Buying from the Alabama Athletics Ticket Office, if possible, is always the best option. That said, because their games typically sellout, it it is risky to wait until the stadium to buy tickets. Buying in advance is almost always necessary.
You can buy your tickets directly from the team’s website, but once the game is sold-out, you will need to use the secondary ticket market, where you can buy Alabama Football tickets that are being re-sold. For these types of tickets, I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seats will look like prior to purchase.
If you wish to speak to the ticket office in person, the Alabama Ticket Office on gamedays is located in the southeast side of the stadium near gate 33. You can see the view of the ticket office here:
For non-event days, it is best to contact the ticket office via phone. To read more, visit our article about how to purchase Alabama Crimson Tide tickets.
Bryant-Denny Stadium Gate Information
Bryant–Denny Stadium Gates open two and half hours prior to game time (source). There are over 60 gates and entrances at Bryant-Denny Stadium, so it is important to know which gate you want to use. There are also specific entrances for VIP and Suite Ticket Holders. To find out more, visit out Alabama Crimson Tide Bryant-Denny Stadium Entrance Guide.
Best Place to Park at Bryant-Denny Stadium for Alabama Games
Bryant–Denny Stadium has a wide array of on campus parking plus off campus parking. You can pay with cash on a first come first served basis for some lots while some are permit only. In general, the closer to the stadium, the more you will have to pay.
- Buy Prepaid Parking if Possible – Buying a parking permit in advance can help you avoid the hassle of buying at the stadium, and allows you to reserve a spot in a parking lot that makes the most sense for you. It’s also worth noting that certain lots require pre-purchased permits.
- Clutch! App – Alabama University has partnered with the “Clutch! App” to help you find parking and answer any questions. It is a good idea to download it before you go to the game.
- Use the Shuttle -Park off campus but use the lots that are close to the shuttle pickup and drop off spots. Most of these lots are on a first come first served basis, but some do allow for prepaid parking.
There are over 15 parking options just on campus for Alabama Football games. Some of these lots require you to be an active student or faculty member. There are some that are reserved for those that are members of the Tide Pride Club. Off Campus parking while further away, is typically cheaper.
To read more about lots and options, visit our Alabama Crimson Tide Parking Guide.
How Long Do Alabama Crimson Tide Games Last?
You can expect an Alabama Crimson Tide game to last about three and a half hours on average, but it is worth noting that some games can last closer to 4 hours (or longer) depending on pace of play. In 2021, the average length of an Alabama Football game was 3 hours and 27 minutes.
In 2021, the longest Alabama Crimson Tide Football game lasted 4 hours, and the shortest Alabama Crimson Tide game lasted 3 hours and 9 minutes. The main takeaway is most Alabama Crimson Tide Football games last slightly around 3 and a half hours, but there are exceptions both ways.
SOURCE: RollTide Gamelogs
Where is the Alabama Crimson Tide Team Store?
The Alabama Crimson Tide Team Store will be ran by Fanatics. The Store will be located inside the stadium. At this time the hours of operation and the physical location are still being determined. It will be open for the 2022 football season.
To read more, visit our article about where to buy Alabama fan gear.
Does Bryant-Denny Stadium Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
Bryant-Denny Stadium does accept cash for retail and concessions. They also accept most debit and credit cards. So while the Bryant-Denny Stadium accepts cash, it is always a good idea to have a backup form of payment in case of any issues.
If you have any questions, it is always a good idea to reach out to the Bryant-Denny Stadium staff.
Can you tour Bryant-Denny Stadium?
Yes you can tour Bryant-Denny Stadium. The tour will usually include a walk through the skybox and throughout the stadium seats. You can then walk by the field but not on it. You can expect the tour to last around 90 minutes. You can find out more information from the Alabama University here.
Bryant–Denny Stadium Contact Information
This website (sportsfanfocus.com) has no affiliation with the University of Alabama, Bryant–Denny Stadium, Alabama Athletics, or any of the events hosted at this facility.
Any information is provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, meaning much of this information is subject to change, and although we do our best to keep these guides updated, we can’t guarantee accuracy at all times. For all official information, we urge you to contact University of Alabama staff. Contact information is below:
- Bryant–Denny Stadium – View Stadium Information
- Alabama Athletics – View Contact Information
- Bryant–Denny Stadium Entrance Gate Map
- Bryant–Denny Stadium Parking Tips Guide
- Where to Buy Alabama Crimson Tide Football Tickets?