Sportsfanfocus.com has no affiliation with Mercedes Benz Stadium, the Atlanta Falcons, or the NFL (info)
This is a guide to the Atlanta Falcons home stadium (Mercedes Benz Stadium). Going to a NFL game can be fun, but it is also a unique experience that you will want to plan for accordingly. There are certain policies and procedures you will want to be aware of beforehand, as well as stadium gate and parking lot locations for easy entrance.
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? Buying from Vivid Seats allows you to avoid ticket lines at the stadium and Vivid Seats shows you your view from the seats prior to purchase. Click here to view Atlanta Falcons tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to a Falcons Game
- Atlanta Falcons Ticket Information
- Mercedes Benz Stadium Gate Information
- Best Place to Park at Mercedes Benz Stadium
- Does Mercedes Benz Stadium Take Cash?
- How Long are Atlanta Falcons Games?
- Where is the Falcons Team Store?
What to Bring to an Atlanta Falcons Game?
If you are going to an Atlanta Falcons game, planning ahead is always important. Below is a list of things you might need to bring, and you will want to make sure you are complying with any security protocols the stadium has:
- Small Clutch Bag – NFL stadiums have strict bag policies and recommend a clear stadium bag like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Make sure to verify the size dimensions meets the size standards for Mercedes Benz Stadium.
- Parking Pass – Many stadiums recommend fans to pre-purchase parking passes if needed to help avoid the hassle and wait times associated with buying passes at the stadium. Click here to view the current prices of Atlanta Falcons parking passes and tickets available at Vivid Seats (paid affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
- Cashless Payment – Many stadiums are transitioning to cashless payments, so bringing a form of payment other than cash is a good idea.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
Can You Bring a Bag Into Mercedes Benz Stadium?
As an emphasis on security has increased in recent years, NFL stadiums have adjusted their bag policies. With that said, yes you can bring a bang into Mercedes Benz Stadium (source).There are strict regulations regarding the types of bags allowed inside a stadium. The NFL recommends fans to use clear stadium bags like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Clear stadium bags help with security at the gate, and not only make the stadium safer, but also help security lines move faster. But each stadium has its own safety guidelines, and may include certain exceptions. To read more, I would advise you to visit the Mercedes Benz Stadium Policy page.
Can You Bring Water Into Mercedes Benz Stadium?
Yes, you can bring water into Mercedes Benz Stadium. You are allowed 1 plastic bottle of water that is factory sealed per person. It has to be 16.9 fluid ounces and can only be water inside the plastic bottle. (source). Mercedes Benz does make an exception for medical exemptions and for baby formula as well. In general, you will need to carry those items in with a clear plastic bag that meets the Mercedes Benz Bag Policy Guidelines.
Atlanta Falcons Ticket Information
Buying Falcons Tickets
As of 2023, you can no longer buy tickets at Mercedes Benz Stadium. If tickets are available, you can buy single game tickets online through their box office. That said, because NFL game usually sellout, if you wait until the day of the game, it can be very difficult to buy tickets directly from the team. Buying in advance is almost always necessary.
You can buy your tickets directly from the team’s website, but once the game is sold-out, you will need to use the secondary ticket market, where you can buy Falcons tickets that are being re-sold. For these types of tickets, I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seats will look like prior to purchase.
- Click here to view Falcons tickets available at Vivid Seats (affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
If you wish to speak to the ticket office in person, the Falcons Ticket Office on gamedays is located on the northwest side of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, adjacent to Gate 1 (view).
Update 2023- Mercedes Benz Stadium and the Atlanta Falcons only offer mobile tickets, so you will need a phone to be able to purchase tickets and get into the stadium. You can find out more information from the Falcons here on what you will need to do.
To read more, visit our article about purchasing Falcons tickets at the stadium.
Mercedes Benz Stadium Gate Information
Mercedes Benz Stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to kickoff for Atlanta Falcons games (source). The five main gates that fans will use to enter the stadium are Gate 1, Gate 2, Gate 3, Gate 4 and Silver Deck Bridge.
For those with Suite tickets, there is a Suite Entrance on the Silver Deck Bridge and the North Club and North Suite Entrance. To read more about which entry gates might be best for you, visit our Mercedes Benz Stadium Gate Guide.
Best Place to Park at Mercedes Benz Stadium for Falcons Game
Mercedes Benz Stadium Parking Tips
- Buy Prepaid Parking if Possible – Buying a parking permit in advance can help you avoid the hassle of buying at the stadium, and allows you to reserve a spot in a parking lot that makes the most sense for you. It’s also worth noting that certain lots require pre-purchased permits.
- Print Off Your Parking Pass – Some of the lots around Mercedes Benz require you to print off your parking pass and have it on your dash, while some don’t. It is always a good idea to just print it off ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about if the lot you are parking in requires it.
- Park on the North or East Side – While there is parking all around the stadium, all of the general admission gates are located on the North or east side of the stadium. So if you are wanting to have a shorter walk, it is best to park on the north or east sides.
- Use Waze App – Traffic patterns on gamedays will be different than normal traffic flow. This is done to make traffic flow as best as possible. WAZE App is the recommended APP by Mercedes Benz Stadium and should have the most recent information from the team on updated traffic patterns.
There are parking options all around the stadium. Almost all of the parking lots around Mercedes Benz Stadium will sell sell prepaid parking passes for general admission seats, which means many of the lots will sellout on game day.
Since many of the lots available to park in for games at Mercedes Benz stadium can be open to public traffic as well, it is best to buy a prepaid pass ahead of time. To read more about parking options, visit our Atlanta Falcons Parking Guide.
How Long Do Atlanta Falcons Games Last?
Most seasons, you can expect an Atlanta Falcons game to last slightly over three hours on average, but it is worth noting that some games can last closer to 3.5 hours (or longer) depending on pace of play. In 2021, the average length of an Atlanta Falcons game was 3 hours.
In 2021, the longest Atlanta Falcons game lasted 3 hours and 20 minutes, and the shortest Atlanta Falcons game lasted 2 hours and 40 minutes. The main takeaway is most Atlanta Falcons games last slightly over 3 hours, but there are exceptions both ways.
To read more, visit our article about the length of football games.
SOURCE: Pro Football Reference Gamelogs
Where is the Falcons Team Store?
The Atlanta Falcons Team Stores are located inside Mercedes Benz Stadium just inside of Gate 1 and just inside of Gate 2. With the Falcons Team Stores being located inside the stadium, you will need to have a ticket to the game to shop from either store. The Falcons team stores are currently only open on game days.
If you are shopping for Falcons fan gear, you can also do that online. This is where you can view Falcons gear available at NFLShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com). If you want to read more about the different types of Falcons fan jerseys, visit our Falcons jersey guide.
Does Mercedes Benz Stadium Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
Mercedes Benz Stadium does not accept cash inside the stadium. Mercedes Benz only accepts card and mobile payments only (source). Mercedes Benz Stadium does have several “reverse ATM’s” that will convert cash to prepaid Visa cards. The reverse ATM’s are available and located in the concourse on all the main levels of the stadium. The Visa cards can be used anywhere Visa is accepted inside and outside of the stadium.
Mercedes Benz Stadium Contact Info
This website (sportsfanfocus.com) has no affiliation with Mercedes Benz Stadium, the Atlanta Falcons, the NFL, or any of the events hosted at this facility.
Any information is provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, meaning much of this information is subject to change, and although we do our best to keep these guides updated, we can’t guarantee accuracy at all times. For all official information, we urge you to contact the team or Mercedes Benz Stadium staff. Contact information is below:
- Atlanta Falcons – View Contact Information
- Mercedes Benz Stadium – View Contact Information
- Buying Atlanta Falcons Tickets
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? – Buying from Vivid Seats allows you to avoid ticket lines at the stadium and Vivid Seats shows you your view from the seats prior to purchase. Click here to view Atlanta Falcons tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).