This is a Nike Swingman NBA Jersey review. If you are shopping for a new NBA fan jersey, you have 5 different jersey options to choose from. Quickly, here’s what you need to know about all the NBA fan jerseys available:
- Nike Swingman – This is Nike’s more affordable replica option. These are very popular among fans, but they are not embroidered. Great option if you don’t want to pay up for the embroidered authentic jerseys. Slim fit, if you prefer baggy, size up. Click here to view the Nike Swingman jerseys at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com).
- Nike Authentic – These are the authentic jerseys. These jerseys have all the premium finishes, including stitched numbers and graphics. They have a slim fit, and you will need to size up if you prefer a baggy fit. Click here to view the Nike Authentic jerseys at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com).
- Fanatics Fast Break Jersey – Another affordable replica jersey. It is made by Fanatics, not Nike. If you are operating on a tight budget, I suggest checking it out. These are not stitched. This jersey has a true-to-size regular fit. Click here to view the Fanatics Fast Break jerseys at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com).
- Mitchell & Ness Swingman – Mitchell & Ness makes classic throwback jerseys. The Swingman version is the more affordable option, but these jerseys still have awesome quality, including stitched graphics on most jerseys. This jersey is not as slim as the Nike jerseys. I recommend ordering your normal sizing. Click here to view the Mitchell & Ness Swingman throwback collection at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com).
- Mitchell & Ness Authentic – These are also throwback authentic jerseys. They are stitched. These authentic throwbacks are some of the most coveted fan jerseys. Click here to view the Mitchell & Ness Authentic jerseys at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com).
Again, in this article we will specifically review the Nike Swingman jerseys. The Nike Swingman jerseys are the more affordable option between Nike’s two NBA jerseys (Swingman and Authentic). You will have to decide if you want to pay up for the premium Nike Authentic jerseys, or buy a Swingman instead.
This is what the Nike Authentic jerseys look like, and also a look at how much they cost in case you want to compare them to the Swingman jerseys (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com). Both the Nike Swingman and Nike Authentic jerseys are great options, and it often comes down to matching your budget.
But, of course, the Nike Swingman jerseys do have some distinct differences from both Nike Authentic jerseys, and Mitchell and Ness Swingman jerseys. This is what the Mitchell and Ness Swingman jerseys look like (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com).
This Nike NBA Swingman jersey review will help you understand how the Nike Swingman differs from other jerseys, and give you an idea how the Nike Swingman jersey fits.
The Nike Swingman jersey is an athletic-fitting jersey that you may need to size up in certain situations (more on that below).
I own and review the 5 main types of NBA fan jerseys (Nike Swingman, Nike Authentic, Mitchell and Ness Swingman, Mitchell and Ness Authentic, Fanatics Brand Fast Break). Those jersey all have different fits and different features that make them unique.
You can read all of our NBA jersey reviews by visiting our jersey resource page, but if you don’t want to have to spend the time reading through all the reviews, then here’s the good news: the Nike Swingman jerseys are my top choice for best NBA jersey when you factor in quality, style, comfort, and price.
We will begin this Nike Swingman jersey review by talking about the price of the jersey, then dive deeper into the Nike Swingman sizing and fit.
- This is how much the Nike Swingman jerseys currently cost at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com). NBAStore.com is the official online shop of the NBA, so you can buy from them with confidence knowing you are not getting scammed.
***Don’t forget, we also have other NBA apparel reviews, like the Nike Therma Flex warmup hoodie pictured below. If you want to check out the Nike Therma Flex hoodie, you can do so by clicking on this link (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com). To read our reviews, visit our NBA jersey resource page.
***We are an affiliate with NBAStore.com. In the sections below we will review the Nike Swingman jersey. Any links to NBAStore.com in this article are affiliate links. Full disclosure can be found here.
NBA Nike Swingman Jersey Review: Sizing and Fit
In this part of the Nike NBA Swingman Jersey Review we will discuss both the fit and the sizing of the Nike Swingman jersey. Let’s start by discussing how the jersey fits.
How do Nike Swingman Jerseys Fit?
The Nike Swingman jersey has an athletic, slim fit, which mimics the athletic fit the players wear. If you like slim-fitting shirts, you may not need to size up. But if you are in between sizes, or if you want a loose fit, you absolutely will need to size up.
The product page for the Nike Swingman jerseys at NBAStore.com also describes the fit as an athletic fit, saying: “Men’s Nike Swingman Jerseys have an athletic cut. For a looser fit, we recommend ordering one size larger than you normally wear.”
I agree with this and definitely recommend sizing up if you prefer a loose fit. If you are okay with a slim fit, then you may not need to size up. As I said above, if you naturally run in between sizes, then size up.
Here is my medium Nike Swingman compared to a medium Hanes undershirt straight out of the package:
As you can see, the Nike Swingman jersey is actually a bit slimmer than a medium Hanes undershirt.
Here is a look at my medium Nike Swingman sitting on top of my medium Fanatics Brand Fast Break jersey. You can see the Nike jersey is slim through the chest and stomach:
And then here is a look at my Nike Swingman jerseys sitting on top of my Mitchell and Ness Swingman jerseys (both size medium):
As you can see, the Nike Swingman is slimmer than the Mitchell & Ness Swingman jersey, and also runs shorter in length. Here I am wearing those three jerseys just pictured (Fanatics Fast Break, Mitchel & Ness Swingman, Nike Swingman):
(6’3″ 200 pounds; all size medium)
The Nike Swingman is the slimmest fitting jersey out of those three jersey types. Again, I would recommend sizing up unless you prefer a slim fit.
The Nike Swingman jersey is very comfortable against the skin and does not irritate my skin in any way. It is made with Nike Dri-FIT ® technology and is very soft and lightweight to wear.
NBA Nike Swingman Jersey Sizing
This is where you can access the official size chart listed for the Nike Swingman jerseys. That affiliate link takes you to the Nike Swingman product page at NBAStore.com, from there you can access the official size chart, which will be linked just above the available sizes.
One thing I do want to address is the overall length of the Nike Swingman. Expect a very reasonable length that isn’t super long. I am 6’3″ tall and the size medium had enough length for me:
As you can see, the Nike Swingman has a straight hemline and does not have a droptail with extra length in the back.
Also, you can see that the fit is overall very athletic and slim, but the medium was not so tight that I had to size up (but it was close). It was fitted through the shoulders and chest and had extra room around the stomach and waist.
Again, my advice for the Nike Swingman jersey is if you are in between sizes, or prefer a loose-fitting jersey, size up. If you prefer a slim fit, do not size up.
To summarize the Nike Swingman jersey sizing and fit:
- Comfort – The Swingman jersey is made with Nike Dri-FIT ® technology and is very soft and lightweight to wear.
- Fit – The Swingman jersey has an athletic, slim fit that you will need to size up for if you prefer a loose-fitting jersey
- Sizing – The length of the jersey is adequate and should be enough length unless you are very tall (6’4″ or taller may need to size up).
***Don’t forget, I also review the Mitchell and Ness Swingman jersey pictured below. If you want to check out Mitchell and Ness throwback jerseys, you can do so by clicking on this link (link takes you to NBAStore.com). To read all our reviews, visit our NBA jersey resource page.
NBA Nike Swingman Jersey Review: Features
The Nike Swingman is the cheaper of the two Nike fan jerseys (Swingman and Authentic), and therefore is not a true replica of what the player’s wear. That said, it is still a very nice jersey and is very popular because it allows fans to rep their favorite player without the advanced price point that the Authentic jerseys have.
- Made with 100% recycled polyester; Machine washable
- Combination of Nike Dri-FIT ® technology and double-knit mesh that is very soft and lightweight to wear, and feels smooth to the touch.
- Heat-sealed NBA/team logos, letters, and numbers. The Swingman does not have stitched on names, numbers, and logos like the Nike Authentic jerseys do.
- Straight hemline. Does not have a droptail back.
- NikeConnect jersey, which give you access to your favorite athletes, teams and products on game day with digital content and special offers. More information below.
Are Nike Swingman Jerseys Stitched?
No, Nike Swingman jerseys do not have stitched logos, numbers, and letters. The logos, names, and numbers are heat-applied graphics.
Although these graphics are not stitched on like they are on the Nike Authentic jerseys, they are still very stylish and look just fine:
Nike Swingman Connected Jersey
The Nike Swingman jersey is a Nike Connected jersey – what does that mean?
A Nike Connected jersey is a digitally-enabled jersey that is intended to further enhance your fan connection to the game by giving you access to player and team specific scores, stats, and highlights by combining your Nike Connected jersey with the Nike Connect App (source).
Nike Connected jerseys (like the Nike Swingman) have a chip in the jock tag (see my picture below). To pair the jersey with your eligible smart phone, you simply download the Nike Connect app, then when the app is up on your screen, you tap your phone against the jock tag on the jersey (which has the built-in chip).
This allows the Nike Connect app to tailor your app experience to the team and player of the jersey you own. So when I connect my Embiid jersey to the Nike Connect app, I go to an Embiid-focused page that gives me access to current Philadephia 76ers scores and stats, Embiid highlights, game recaps, and other team and player focused rewards and offers.
Another benefit of the Nike Connect jerseys is it is a way to identify fake jerseys (because the fakes don’t have the built-in chip). Fake jerseys are more of a problem for authentic jerseys and not something you will necessarily have to worry a lot about regarding the Nike Swingman jerseys, but nevertheless, the built in Nike Connect chip will help confirm that your jersey is not a fake.
NBA Nike Swingman Jersey Review: Photos
Here are photos of the Nike Swingman Jersey (Icon Edition) that I own. It is a size medium, and I am 6’3″ and weigh 200 pounds.
On the front of the jersey you can see the heat-sealed Nike logo. Also note the Nike Swingman jerseys do not have the team sponsor logo like the players’ on-court jerseys do. The jersey is fitted through the chest and shoulders and slim through the stomach area – an athletic fit.
Straight hemline in the back – no droptail. NBA logo (non-stitched) located above player name.
The Nike Swingman has heat-sealed graphics which is one of the biggest differences between it and the Nike Authentic jerseys (which have stitched on graphics). Overall, the difference is minimal and looks very similar.
NBA Nike Swingman Jersey Review Summary
The Nike Swingman jersey gives you an affordable way to rep your favorite player without having to spend up to get the Nike Authentic jersey. The Nike Swingman has a very athletic fit – expect it to be fitted through the shoulders and chest, and slim through the stomach area.
As mentioned throughout the article, the Nike Swingman runs true to size, but expect it to fit slim, so if you want a baggy jersey with a looser overall fit, you will definitely need to size up. If you are in between sizes, my recommendation is to size up.
The Nike Swingman is made with a combination of Nike Dri-FIT ® technology and double-knit mesh that is very soft and lightweight to wear, and feels smooth to the touch. Overall, it is a very comfortable jersey to wear.
To read about other NBA fan jerseys and apparel (we do real reviews), you can visit our NBA Jersey Resource Page.
Where to Buy Nike Swingman
This is where you can browse the jerseys at NBAStore.com (affiliate link takes you to NBAStore.com). Because there are potentially fake jerseys on the re-sale market, we always recommend you to buy your jerseys from a reputable source like NBAStore.com, which is the official online shop of the NBA.