Sportsfanfocus.com has no affiliation with RingCentral Coliseum, the Oakland Athletics, or MLB (info)
This is a guide to the Oakland Athletics home ballpark (RingCentral Coliseum). Going to a baseball game can be fun, but it is also a unique experience that you will want to plan for accordingly. There are certain policies and procedures you will want to be aware of beforehand, as well as stadium gate and parking lot locations for easy entrance.
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? – I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seat will look like prior to purchase. Click here to view Oakland A’s tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to an Oakland Athletics Game
- Oakland Athletics Ticket Information
- RingCentral Coliseum Gate Information
- Does Oakland Coliseum Accept Cash?
- How Long are Oakland Athletics Games?
What to Bring to an Oakland A’s Game?
If you are going to an Oakland A’s game, planning ahead is always important. Below is a list of things you might need to bring, and you will want to make sure you are complying with any security protocols the stadium has:
- Clear Stadium Bag – Many stadiums have strict bag policies and recommend a clear stadium bag like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com)
- Parking Pass – Many stadiums recommend fans to pre-purchase parking passes if needed to help avoid the hassle and wait times associated with buying passes at the stadium. Click here to view the current prices of Oakland Athletics parking passes and tickets available at Vivid Seats (paid affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com)
- Weather and Sun protection – Oakland Coliseum is an open-air stadium, which means you will want to be prepared to face the elements when you attend an Oakland A’s game. Things like sunscreen, hats, jackets, and rain ponchos may be needed depending on weather forecasts.
- Bug Repellent – Because Oakland Coliseum is open air, bugs may be an issue during summer. Just make sure your bug repellent meets stadium safety guidelines for aerosol cans.
- Camera – Some fans like to bring a camera into the game. Just make sure your camera meets the stadium requirements regarding cameras and video recorders.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
- Cashless Payment – Many stadiums are transitioning to cashless payments, so bringing a form of payment other than cash is never a bad idea.
- Baseball Glove – Some fans like to bring a baseball glove to the stadium in hopes of catching a foul ball.
Can You Bring a Bag Into Oakland Coliseum?
As an emphasis on security has increased in recent years, most stadiums have adjusted their bag policies. Many stadiums recommend using a clear stadium bag like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Clear stadium bags help with security at the gate, and not only make the stadium safer, but also help security lines move faster. But each stadium has its own safety guidelines, and may include certain exceptions. To read more, I would advise you to visit the Athletics’ information guide.
Oakland Athletics Ticket Information
Can You Buy Tickets at Oakland Coliseum?
Yes, you can buy Oakland Athletics tickets at the stadium, but only as long as supplies last. That said, for reasons we discuss below (like sellouts, lines, etc), many fans choose to buy their tickets online before they go to the game.
- I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seats will look like prior to purchase. Click here to view Oakland Athletics tickets available at Vivid Seats (paid affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
The Athletics ticket office at Oakland Coliseum is located on the southwest side of the stadium (view). You will want to park in F lot and walk up the ramp and the windows will be directly behind home plate. You will see a sign for “Tickets” and “Will Call”.
You can buy directly from the team’s website or by downloading the MLB Ballpark App to your mobile device. The MLB Ballpark app is MLB’s free, official app that makes it easy to access, manage, and use your tickets. This is where you can learn more about the Ballpark App.
To read more, visit our article about buying Oakland A’s tickets at the stadium.
Issues with Buying Oakland A’s Tickets at the Stadium
If you are choosing to buy Athletics’ tickets at RingCentral Coliseum on the day of the game, there are a few risks and annoyances you will want to consider.
- Sellout – This is the big one. As we mentioned above, some Oakland A’s home games do sellout. Walking up and buying tickets at Oakland Coliseum might not always be an option. But even though the games sell out, that doesn’t mean you can’t get tickets. It does mean you may need to use a ticket broker, like Vivid Seats, that sells aftermarket tickets (fan-to-fan).
- Ticket Lines – Be prepared, waiting in line is a possibility if you choose to buy at the stadium. The overall wait can obviously fluctuate depending on the specific circumstance, and may be relatively short for some games. But a wait is possible.
Oakland RingCentral Coliseum Gate Information
RingCentral Coliseum gates usually open 60 minutes prior to game time for games Monday through Thursday, and 90 minutes prior to game time for games Friday through Sunday (source). All gate times are subject to change. RingCentral Coliseum has several gate entrances conveniently located around the outside of the stadium.
Depending on where you park, and where your seats are located, one entrance might make more sense for you than the others. To read about the location of each, and what parking lots make the most sense for you, visit our Oakland Coliseum Gate and Parking Guide.
Fans can enter early to watch batting practice once stadium gates open. For more information, visit our article about watching batting practice at Oakland Coliseum.
How Long Do Oakland Athletics Games Last?
You can expect an Oakland A’s game to last slightly over three hours on average, but it is worth noting that some games can last closer to four hours depending on pace of play. In 2021, the average Major League Baseball game lasted 3 hours and 10 minutes (source).
The length of games has become a point of emphasis for Major League Baseball as many fans site pace of play as one thing they’d like to see improve with the sport. In recent years, Major League Baseball has taken steps to help shorten the length of games, but the effectiveness of these measures is still under evaluation.
Major League Baseball games consist of nine total innings, with the exception of double header games which are only 7 total innings in length. If you are heading to RingCentral Coliseum, planning for a 3-4 hour game is probably the safest bet. To read more, visit our article about the length of a baseball game.
Buying Oakland A’s Gear at the Stadium
Oakland Coliseum has a team store located near Gate D entrance where you can shop for A’s jerseys and other types of fan gear. You can, of course, also shop online prior to the game. To read more, visit our Oakland A’s Jersey Guide.
Does Oakland Coliseum Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
Oakland’s RingCentral Coliseum does not accept cash inside the stadium. If you have only cash, there are several reverse-ATM’s located around the stadium where you can change cash into a prepaid card to use inside the stadium.
Oakland Athletics Contact Info
This website (sportsfanfocus.com) has no affiliation with RingCentral Coliseum, the Oakland Athletics, MLB, or any of the events hosted at this facility.
Any information is provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, meaning much of this information is subject to change, and although we do our best to keep these guides updated, we can’t guarantee accuracy at all times. For all official information, we urge you to contact the Oakland Athletics staff. Contact information is below:
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? – I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seat will look like prior to purchase. Click here to view Oakland Athletics tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).