Sportsfanfocus.com has no affiliation with the Ohio State Univ., Ohio State Athletics, or Ohio Stadium (info)
This is a guide to the Ohio State Buckeyes home stadium (Ohio Stadium). Going to a College Football game can be fun, but it is also a unique experience that you will want to plan for accordingly. There are certain policies and procedures you will want to be aware of beforehand, as well as stadium gate and parking lot locations for easy entrance.
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to an Ohio State Football Game
- Ohio State Buckeyes Ticket Information
- Ohio Stadium Gate Information
- Best Place to Park at Ohio Stadium
- Does Ohio Stadium Take Cash?
- How Long are Ohio State Buckeyes Football Games?
- Where is the Ohio State Football Team Store?
What to Bring to an Ohio State Buckeyes Football Game?
If you are going to an Ohio State Buckeyes Football game, planning ahead is always important. Below is a list of things you might need to bring, and you will want to make sure you are complying with any security protocols the stadium has:
- Small Clutch or Wallet – Ohio Stadium does not allow any bags or purses, but they do allow small clutches, wristlets or wallets into the stadium. They do have size dimensions as well. Which you can find below.
- Parking Pass – Many stadiums recommend fans to pre-purchase parking passes if needed to help avoid the hassle and wait times associated with buying passes at the stadium. You can check out our Ohio Stadium Parking guide for more information on parking at Ohio Stadium.
- Weather and Sun Protection – Ohio Stadium is an open-air stadium, which means you will need to be prepared to face the elements when you go to an Ohio State Football game.
- Cashless Payment – Many stadiums are transitioning to cashless payments, so bringing a form of payment other than cash is a good idea.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
Can You Bring a Bag Into Ohio Stadium?
As an emphasis on security has increased in recent years, stadiums have adjusted their bag policies. There are strict regulations regarding the types of bags allowed inside a stadium. No you can’t bring a bag into Ohio Stadium. You can bring a small wallet, clutch or wristlet though as long as it is 5”x8”x1” or under (source).
If you have special needs and require to bring in supplies that exceed this regulation, you should proceed to either the Steinbrenner Band Center Entrance or the Press Entrance as they are equipped to help screen larger bags and can help make sure your screening process goes as needed.
Can You Bring a Blanket Into Ohio Stadium?
Yes, you can bring a blanket into Ohio State Buckeyes games at Ohio Stadium. However, most stadiums ask that you make sure items such as a blanket are used in a manner that do not bother those sitting in seats next to you. Also, be prepared to have it screened at the security checkpoint.
Ohio State Buckeyes Ticket Information
Buying Ohio State Football Tickets
Yes, you can buy Ohio State Football tickets at the stadium, but only as long as supplies last. Buying from the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office, if possible, is always the best option. That said, because their games typically sellout, it it is risky to wait until the stadium to buy tickets. Buying in advance is almost always necessary.
You can buy your tickets directly from the team’s website, but once the game is sold-out, you will need to use the secondary ticket market, where you can buy Ohio State Football tickets that are being re-sold. For these types of tickets, I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seats will look like prior to purchase. Keep in mind that all tickets are digital, so plan on having your ticket on your phone.
If you wish to speak to the ticket office in person, the Ohio State Ticket Office on gamedays is located in the northwest corner of the stadium near gate 5. You can see the view of the ticket office here:
For non-event days, it is best to contact the ticket office via phone. To read more, visit our article about how to purchase Ohio State Buckeyes tickets.
Ohio Stadium Gate Information
Ohio Stadium Gates open two hours prior to game time (source). There are over 25 gates and entrances at Ohio Stadium, so it is important to know which gate you want to use. There are also specific entrances for VIP and Suite Ticket Holders. To find out more, visit our Ohio State Buckeyes Ohio Stadium Entrance Guide.
Best Place to Park at Ohio Stadium for Buckeyes Games
Ohio Stadium has a wide array of on campus parking plus off campus parking. There are some options that you have to have a prepaid permit, while there are some off campus non-University options that are first come first served. In general, the closer to the stadium, the more you will have to pay.
- Buy Prepaid Parking if Possible – Buying a parking permit in advance can help you avoid the hassle of buying at the stadium, and allows you to reserve a spot in a parking lot that makes the most sense for you. It’s also worth noting that certain lots require pre-purchased permits.
- Ohio State Buckeyes App – Ohio State University has an app that will allow you to stay up to date on traffic changes as well as mobile tickets, maps for the campus and stadium, and updates regarding parking information.
- Lot Type -There are 3 main groups of parking at Ohio Stadium. They are Premier, Proximity and Non-Proximity. With Premier being the closest and most expensive and Non-Proximity being the furthest away and least expensive.
There are numerous parking options for Ohio State Football games, but parking does fill up fast so it is a good idea to plan ahead of time. There are also public parking options off-campus that are not governed by the University. These are further away from the stadium, but you can find options within walking distance.
To read more about lots and most parking options, visit our Ohio State Buckeyes Parking Guide.
How Long Do Ohio State Buckeyes Games Last?
You can expect an Ohio State Buckeyes game to last about three and a half hours on average, but it is worth noting that some games can last closer to 4 hours (or longer) depending on pace of play. In 2021, the average length of an Ohio State Football game was 3 hours and 31 minutes.
In 2021, the longest Ohio State Buckeyes Football game lasted 4 hours and 1 minute, and the shortest Ohio State Buckeyes game lasted 3 hours and 19 minutes. The main takeaway is most Ohio State Buckeyes Football games last slightly around 3 and a half hours, but there are exceptions both ways.
SOURCE: College Football Stats
Where is the Ohio State Buckeyes Team Store?
There are actually several team stores located throughout the stadium on gamedays. You can find stores to buy team gear in sections 11A, 12A, 16A, 23A, 24A, 16C, and in the south stands. Also, if there is a store located in the Huntington Club. So if you are looking for team gear, you will have plenty of stores to choose from.
Does Ohio Stadium Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
Ohio Stadium is now a cashless venue, so be make sure you bring other forms of payment if you are wanting to pay for parking, concessions or merchandise while attending an event at the stadium. Ohio Stadium does accept major credit cards as well as other contactless forms of payment such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
If you have any questions, it is always a good idea to reach out to the Ohio Stadium staff.
Can you tour Ohio Stadium?
Yes you can tour Ohio Stadium. The tour will usually include a walk through the press box and throughout the stadium seats, including some VIP areas. You can then walk on the sidelines. You can expect the tour to last around 90 minutes. Tours are not available everyday and you must book in advance. You can find out more by checking out the Ohio Stadium Tour Guide.
Ohio Stadium Parking Contact Information
This website (sportsfanfocus.com) has no affiliation with Ohio State University, Ohio Stadium, Ohio State Athletics, or any of the events hosted at this facility.
Any information is provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, meaning much of this information is subject to change, and although we do our best to keep these guides updated, we can’t guarantee accuracy at all times. For all official information, we urge you to contact Ohio State University staff. Contact information is below:
- Ohio Stadium – View Stadium Information
- Ohio State Athletics – View Contact Information
- Ohio State Gate Locations
- Ohio State Football Tickets
- Ohio Stadium Parking Options
- Ohio State Team Gear Merchandise