If you are shopping for a Los Angeles Angels stitched jersey and are a bit confused on which style of MLB jerseys are actually embroidered and not screen-printed, this article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Angels jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Los Angeles Angels players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Angels Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Angels Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Angels jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Los Angeles Angels Stitched Jerseys
Which Angels Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Angels Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Angels jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Angels jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Angels players wear on the field.
These Angels Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Angels jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Angels Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Angels replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Angels jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Angels Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- Nike MLB Jersey Size Guide
- Do MLB Jerseys Run Big?
- Nike vs Majestic Baseball Jerseys
- What are Flex Base MLB Jerseys?
Other Angels Information
If you are interested in attending a Los Angeles Angels game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
- Can you watch Angels batting practice?
- What to Bring to an Angels Game?
- Does Angel Stadium Take Cash?
- How Long are LA Angels Games?
- Can you buy Angels tickets at the gate?
- Where to park at Angel Stadium
- Angel Stadium Parking Lots
- Angel Stadium Entrance Gates
- Where to Buy Angels Tickets
Angels Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The Angels are one of those teams with a simple but iconic jersey style. Their white home jerseys feature the team name splayed across the chest in bright red, outlined with white piping. In addition, the player’s name is displayed in matching font on the back of the jersey, while the numbers are oversized and have a bit bulkier white piping on them.
The road jerseys that the Angels wear are set up like their home uniforms. The team name is displayed across the chest. The letters and numbers are the same, as is the font color. The player’s name is shown on the back with their number centered under the script. Just remember, the authentic Angels jersey will be the stitched Angels jersey.