Sportsfanfocus.com has no affiliation with Guaranteed Rate Field, the White Sox, or MLB (info)
This is a guide to Chicago White Sox Guaranteed Rate Field. Going to a baseball game can be fun, but it is also a unique experience that you will want to plan for accordingly. There are certain policies and procedures you will want to be aware of beforehand, as well as stadium gate and parking lot locations for easy entrance.
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to a Chicago White Sox Game
- Chicago White Sox Ticket Information
- Guaranteed Rate Field Gate Information
- Does Guaranteed Rate Field Accept Cash?
- How Long Do Chicago White Sox Games Last?
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? – Use our PROMO Code SPF10 to get $10 off orders over $100 at Vivid Seats. Vivid Seats shows you your view from the seats prior to purchase. Click here to view Chicago White Sox tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).
What to Bring to a Chicago White Sox Game?
If you are going to a Chicago White Sox game, below is a list of things you might need to bring. You will want to make sure you are complying with any security protocols the stadium has:
- Clear Stadium Bag – Many stadiums have strict bag policies and recommend a clear stadium bag like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com)
- Weather and Sun protection – Guaranteed Rate Field is an open-air stadium, which means you will want to be prepared to face the elements when you attend a Chicago White Sox game. Things like sunscreen, hats, jackets, and rain ponchos may be needed depending on weather forecasts.
- Bug Repellent – Because Guaranteed Rate Field is open air, bugs may be an issue during summer. Just make sure your bug repellent meets stadium safety guidelines for aerosol cans.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
- Baseball Glove – Some fans like to bring a baseball glove to the stadium in hopes of catching a foul ball.
- Camera – Some fans like to bring a camera into the game. Just make sure your camera meets the stadium requirements regarding cameras and video recorders.
- Cashless Payment – Guaranteed Rate Field does not accept cash, so make sure you bring another form of payment, or purchase a White Sox gift card once in the stadium.
Can You Bring a Bag Into Guaranteed Rate Field?
As an emphasis on security has increased in recent years, most stadiums have adjusted their bag policies. Many stadiums recommend using a clear stadium bag like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Clear stadium bags help with security at the gate, and not only make the stadium safer, but also help security lines move faster. But each stadium has its own safety guidelines, and may include certain exceptions. To read more, I would advise you to visit the Chicago White Sox information guide.
Chicago White Sox Ticket Information
Can You Buy Tickets at Guaranteed Rate Field?
As of 2022, the Chicago White Sox use only mobile tickets. The ticket office windows at the stadium can provide assistance in purchasing mobile tickets.
Buying from the team, if possible, is always the best option. But some fans like to use online ticket brokers like StubHub and Vivid Seats, which give you access to re-sold fan-to-fan tickets.
- I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seats will look like prior to purchase. Click here to view White Sox tickets available at Vivid Seats (affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
The White Sox main ticket office at Guaranteed Rate Field is located near the corner of W 35th St and Shields (view) by gate 4. You will see several ticket windows along with trees and the tall Guaranteed Rate pavilion. Ticket windows are also located at other spots around the stadium.
To read more, visit our article about buying White Sox tickets at Guaranteed Rate Field.
White Sox Guaranteed Rate Field Gate Information
Guaranteed Rate Field gates usually open 90 minutes prior to game time. Guaranteed Rate Field has several gate entrances conveniently located around the outside of the stadium.
Depending on where you park, and where your seats are located, one entrance might make more sense for you than the others. To read about the location of each, and what parking lots make the most sense for you, visit our Guaranteed Rate Field Gate Guide.
Fans can enter early to watch batting practice once stadium gates open. For more information, visit our article about watching White Sox batting practice at Guaranteed Rate Field. There are several retail shop locations around the stadium where you can purchase White Sox gear prior to the game. To learn more, visit our Chicago White Sox Jersey Guide.
How Long Do Chicago White Sox Games Last?
You can expect a Chicago White Sox game to last slightly over three hours on average, but it is worth noting that some games can last closer to four hours depending on pace of play. In 2021, the average Major League Baseball game lasted 3 hours and 10 minutes (source).
The length of games has become a point of emphasis for Major League Baseball as many fans site pace of play as one thing they’d like to see improve with the sport. In recent years, Major League Baseball has taken steps to help shorten the length of games, but the effectiveness of these measures is still under evaluation.
Major League Baseball games consist of nine total innings, with the exception of double header games which are only 7 total innings in length. If you are heading to Guaranteed Rate Field, planning for a 3-4 hour game is probably the safest bet. To read more, visit our article about the how long baseball games last.
Does Guaranteed Rate Field Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
Guaranteed Rate Field does not accept cash payments. All concessions and retail at Guaranteed Rate Field are cashless. If you do not have a cashless payment, you can use cash to purchase White Sox gift cards to use at concession stands and retail locations inside the stadium.
Chicago White Sox Contact Info
This website (sportsfanfocus.com) has no affiliation with Guaranteed Rate Field, the Chicago White Sox, MLB, or any of the events hosted at this facility.
Any information is provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, meaning much of this information is subject to change, and although we do our best to keep these guides updated, we can’t guarantee accuracy at all times. For all official information, we urge you to contact the White Sox staff. Contact information is below:
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? – Use our PROMO Code SPF10 to get $10 off orders over $100 at Vivid Seats. Buying from Vivid Seats allows you to avoid ticket lines at the stadium and Vivid Seats shows you your view from the seats prior to purchase. Click here to view Chicago White Sox tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).