Sportsfanfocus.com has no affiliation with US Bank Stadium, the Minnesota Vikings, or NFL (info)
This is a guide to the Minnesota Vikings home stadium (US Bank Stadium). Going to a NFL game can be fun, but it is also a unique experience that you will want to plan for accordingly. There are certain policies and procedures you will want to be aware of beforehand, as well as stadium gate and parking lot locations for easy entrance.
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? Buying from Vivid Seats allows you to avoid ticket lines at the stadium and Vivid Seats shows you your view from the seats prior to purchase. Click here to view Minnesota Vikings tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).
In this article we will discuss:
- What to bring to a Vikings Game
- Minnesota Vikings Ticket Information
- US Bank Stadium Gate Information
- Best Place to Park at US Bank Stadium
- Does US Bank Stadium Take Cash?
- How Long are Minnesota Vikings Games?
- Where is the Vikings Pro Shop?
What to Bring to a Vikings Game?
If you are going to a Minnesota Vikings game, planning ahead is always important. Below is a list of things you might need to bring, and you will want to make sure you are complying with any security protocols the stadium has:
- Clear Stadium Bag – NFL stadiums have strict bag policies and recommend a clear stadium bag like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Make sure to verify the size dimensions meets the size standards for US Bank Stadium.
- Reserve Parking – Many stadiums recommend fans to pre-purchase parking passes if needed to help avoid the hassle and wait times associated with buying passes at the stadium. Click here to view the current prices of Minnesota Vikings parking passes and tickets available at Vivid Seats (paid affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
- Weather and Sun Protection – US Bank Stadium has a roof, so facing the elements at a Vikings game is not as big of an issue as it might be at other NFL stadiums. Still, depending on where you park, you could be facing a 15-20 minute walk to the stadium, so dress appropriate.
- Cashless Payment – Many stadiums are transitioning to cashless payments, so bringing a form of payment other than cash is a good idea.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones – Stadiums can get very loud, and noise-canceling headphones may be needed for toddlers.
Can You Bring a Bag Into US Bank Stadium?
As an emphasis on security has increased in recent years, NFL stadiums have adjusted their bag policies. There are strict regulations regarding the types of bags allowed inside a stadium. The NFL recommends fans to use clear stadium bags like this one available at Amazon (paid affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
Clear stadium bags help with security at the gate, and not only make the stadium safer, but also help security lines move faster. But each stadium has its own safety guidelines, and may include certain exceptions. To read more, I would advise you to visit the US Bank Stadium safety information.
Can You Bring a Sign Into US Bank Stadium?
Bringing a sign to the game can be a fun way to add to the experience of going to a NFL Game. You may be wondering if you can bring a sign into US Bank Stadium. Yes, you can bring a sing into US Bank Stadium, but there are some restrictions. When you bring a sign into US Bank Stadium, here are some things you will need to abide by:
- US Bank Stadium Signs must be handheld
- US Bank Stadium Signs must not be on poles or sticks
- US Bank Stadium Signs must not block another guest’s view
- US Bank Stadium Signs can’t interfere with any other guest’s area
- US Bank Stadium Signs must not contain advertisements
- US Bank Stadium Signs must not be offensive in nature
Management reserves the right to confiscate signs that are in violation of stadium policy. It is always a good idea to check out the US Bank Stadium information guide or contact the team if you have any questions.
Minnesota Vikings Ticket Information
Buying Vikings Tickets
As of this year, the Vikings ticket office no longer sells hard tickets at the stadium. The ticket office at the stadium is open only to assist in ticket resolution issues or help fans buy tickets on their phones. All tickets are digital. Buying in advance is always a good idea necessary.
You can buy your Vikings tickets directly from the team’s website, but once the game is sold-out, you will need to use the secondary ticket market, where you can buy Vikings tickets that are being re-sold. For these types of tickets, I like to use Vivid Seats because they show me what my view from the seats will look like prior to purchase.
- Click here to view Minnesota Vikings tickets available at Vivid Seats (affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
The Game Day Ticket Office is located on the northwest side of the stadium between the US Bank Stadium Polaris Gate and US Bank Stadium Legacy Gate.
Please remember that NFL stadiums have adopted mobile ticketing in an attempt to reduce the risk of ticket fraud. To learn more about how the Vikings mobile ticketing works, click here.
To read more, visit our article about purchasing Vikings tickets at the stadium.
US Bank Stadium Gate Information
US Bank Stadium Gates open two hours prior to kickoff. Keep in mind that some lines take awhile to get in, so getting there early is always a good plan so you don’t miss any part of the game. Each entrance will have a separate lane for VIP members and Suite ticket holders that will open 2.5 hours before kickoff. Also, US Bank Stadium notes other events held at the stadium may have different gate times than Vikings games. All guests are subject to security inspection prior to admittance into the stadium. Re-entry is prohibited.
To read more about the location of entry gates, visit our US Bank Stadium Gate Guide.
Best Place to Park at US Bank Stadium for Vikings Games
US Bank Stadium does not directly manage any public parking areas. There is the Mills Fleet Farm Parking Garage that has a skywalk connected to the stadium. Since all the parking lots and garages are privately owned, you will not be able to buy parking passes directly through the team.
Now while there are not passes directly through the team, you can still find parking passes. US Bank Stadium estimates there are over 20,000 parking spaces around the stadium for you to park in. Since these are all private lots, the regulations and rules will change per lot. So if you are wanting to tailgate, you will need to pay attention to the rules of the lot you buy from.
US Bank Stadium Parking Tips
- Buy Prepaid Parking if Possible – Buying a parking pass in advance can help you avoid the hassle of buying at the stadium, and allows you to reserve a spot in a parking lot that makes the most sense for you. With limited spaces that will be shared with public parking, buying ahead of time is smart This is where you can view the current price of parking passes available for Vikings games at Vivid Seats (paid affiliate link takes you to VividSeats.com).
- Pay Attention to lot rules – As mentioned, all of the places that you can park will be privately owned and will likely have different rules for every place. So don’t assume that if you have parked in a lot near US Bank Stadium, that the rules will be the same for every lot.
- Get there early – Your parking pass will have an assigned lot to it, but you will not have an assigned space. Many of the lots are very large and can change the amount of time it takes to get to and from the stadium. Also, it is always nice to get a spot near the exit to help lessen the time it takes to leave. Keep in mind that these lots will likely be shared with the public as well, so they can fill up fast.
To read more about lots and options, visit our Minnesota Vikings Parking Guide.
How Long Do Minnesota Vikings Games Last?
You can expect a Minnesota Vikings game to last slightly over three hours on average, but it is worth noting that some games can last closer to 3.5 hours (or longer) depending on pace of play. In 2021, the average length of a Minnesota Vikings game was 3 hours and 11 minutes.
In 2021, the longest Minnesota Vikings game lasted 3 hours and 41 minutes, and the shortest Minnesota Vikings game lasted 2 hours and 51 minutes. The main takeaway is most Minnesota Vikings games last slightly over three hours, but there are exceptions both ways.
To read more, visit our article about the length of football games.
SOURCE: Pro Football Reference Gamelogs
Where is the Vikings Pro Shop?
The US Bank Stadium Pro Shop is located between US Bank Stadium Polaris Gate and US Bank Stadium Legacy gate on the northwest side of the stadium. The name of the US Bank Stadium Vikings Pro Shop is “Locker Room”. You do not need a ticket to shop in this store. On Vikings game days, novelty items and apparel are also sold at Vikings Locker Room stores located on the near Section 101 or near 302. Fans must have an event ticket to access the internal locations.
If you are shopping for Vikings fan gear, you can also do that online. This is where you can view Vikings gear available at NFLShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
Does US Bank Stadium Accept Cash Inside the Stadium?
As of this year, for safety and efficiency purposes, cash payments are no longer accepted inside US Bank Stadium. Guests must bring credit and debit cards or use contactless options like Apple Pay for all purchases.
If you would like more information about similar issues like cash payments at US Bank Stadium, check out the Minnesota Vikings Health Updates page. If you are worried about your payment options, it is always a good idea to contact the team ahead of time.
Minnesota Vikings Contact Info
This website (sportsfanfocus.com) has no affiliation with US Bank Stadium, the Minnesota Vikings, NFL, or any of the events hosted at US Bank Stadium.
Any information is provided “as is” with no guarantee of completeness, meaning much of this information is subject to change, and although we do our best to keep these guides updated, we can’t guarantee accuracy at all times. For all official information, we urge you to contact the Minnesota Vikings staff. Contact information is below:
- US Bank Stadium Minnesota Vikings – View Stadium Contact Information
- US Bank Stadium Contact Information – View Stadium Information
Need Tickets or Parking Passes? – Buying from Vivid Seats allows you to avoid ticket lines at the stadium and Vivid Seats shows you your view from the seats prior to purchase. Click here to view Minnesota Vikings tickets and parking passes available at VividSeats.com (affiliate link takes you to vividseats.com).