This is a Nike Game Jersey review. If you are shopping for a Nike NFL fan jersey, quickly, here’s what you need to know (affiliate links take you to NFLShop.com):
- Nike Legend – The Nike Legend is unique compared to other NFL jerseys. It fits almost like a standard t-shirt, and is more affordable than other jerseys. I was a bit shocked how much I liked the fit. True to size. Lightweight, and easy to wear. Click here to view the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com. NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL.
- Nike Game – The Nike Game jerseys are popular fan jerseys due to price point. They have the true look of a jersey, but are replicas, which means they are a bit more affordable than premium jerseys. Relaxed fit, but true to size. These jerseys are a good option if you are looking for a Nike jersey on a tight budget. Click here to view the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- Nike Limited – The Nike Limited Vapor jerseys are my favorite jersey. Vapor style has clean front with seams converging in back. Sits flat against body. This jersey has stitched numbers and graphics. Awesome jersey, with a great fit and some premium finishes. More affordable than the Elite authentic jerseys. True to size. Click here to view the Nike Limited jerseys at NFLShop.com
- Nike Elite – These are the authentic NFL jerseys, and the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field. The fit will be slimmer than other jerseys, mimicking the athletic fit of the players’ jerseys. The Elite jerseys have all the premium finishes, including stitched graphics and authentic paneling. Click here to view the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- NFL Pro Line Jersey – The NFL Pro Line Jersey is not made by Nike. It is a more affordable replica jersey, which might be a nice option if you are on a tight budget. This jersey has a baggy, loose fit, and you may need to size it down. Click here to view Pro Line jerseys at NFLShop.com.
I actually own and review all the different types of NFL jerseys, and the Limited Vapor jerseys are my favorite. This is what the Limited Vapor jerseys look like (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
This article is a Nike Game jersey review. The Nike Game jersey is one of the most affordable options. Before you make the purchase though, you might be wondering about Nike Game jersey sizing and fit and so you are looking for a Nike Game jersey review to help you have a better understanding of what size you will need.
In this Nike Game jersey review I will review the jersey that I own. The Nike Game jerseys have a relaxed fit, that we need to take a closer look at so you can decide whether or not to size down. We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you determine which jersey is right for you. Visit our article: Best NFL Jersey to Buy
Nike Game Jersey Price
One thing that makes the Nike Game jersey so popular is its affordable price point. If you are looking for an entry level jersey, this is a great option.
- This is the current price of the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com)
If you are interested in reading our other football jersey review and comparison articles, you can do so by visiting our jersey resource page.
Nike Game Jersey Sizing and Fit
**Throughout this article are pictures of me wearing the Nike Game jersey that I own. It is a size medium and I am 6’3″ and weigh 200 pounds.**
When I started owning and reviewing all of the NFL fan jerseys, I was honestly shocked at how different they range in sizing and fit. They range from very loose to athletically slim, with the ones in the middle offering a true(ish) fit.
As I mentioned earlier, the Nike Limited Vapor jersey is my choice for best NFL fan jersey because I think it has the truest fit and is the best combination of quality and price. But what about the Nike Game jersey sizing? How does the Nike Game jersey fit?
Well first, here is how the sizing is described on the Nike Game jersey product page on the official NGL Shop:
***Fit: Men’s Nike Game Jerseys fit true to size. We recommend ordering one size larger than you normally wear for a looser fit or up two sizes if you plan on layering underneath the jersey.
Here is my opinion: Although it is fair to say it runs true to size, it is definitely a relaxed fit. I describe it as a relaxed fit that runs true to size.
I don’t recommend sizing down, but if you prefer a tighter fit, you may need to. I actually like the Nike Limited Vapor jerseys the best, in large part due to its fit.
Here are some side-by-side comparisons of the Nike Game jersey I own and the Nike Limited Vapor jersey I own. I am 6’3″ and weigh 200 pounds – both of these jerseys are size medium.
You can see clearly in those photos that the medium Nike Limited Vapor runs slimmer than the medium Nike Game, despite both being listed on the official site as running true to size (which, again, they do run true to size but the fit is different).
The Limited Vapor has slimmer and shorter sleeves than the Nike Game, and also runs about an inch shorter in overall length. By my estimation it runs about a half inch slimmer through the stomach, chest, and shoulder areas than the Nike Game does.
And again, although you could make an argument both are true to size, it is just important to understand that the Limited Vapor is more of a slim cut and the Game is a loose, relaxed cut. As I have stated throughout all of my jersey reviews, the Nike Limited Vapor is my choice for best fitting NFL fan jersey.
If you want to check out the Nike Limited Vapors at NFLShop.com, you can do so by clicking on this link (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com)
Overall the fit for the Nike Game is a relaxed fit that will give you a bit of extra space in the chest and arms. Depending on how you like your jersey to fit, this may actually be exactly what you are looking for.
If you are in a cold weather climate and are hoping to layer a hoodie underneath the jersey, the Nike Game jersey will work perfectly (at least it does in my case). Here is a look at me wearing that size medium with a hoodie underneath it:
(6’3″ 200 pounds size medium)
For comparison, here I am wearing a medium t-shirt:
It is a perfect, comfortable fit with the hoodie underneath. This really illustrates the sizing for the Nike Game jersey: runs loose and relaxed but fits comfortably when you layer underneath it.
Nike Game Jersey Features
- Material is 100% Polyester
- Perfect for layering underneath
- Mesh side panels
- NFL shield at collar
- Tagless Collar
- Screen print name (letters), numbers and logos
- Sewn-on Name Plate
- Machine washable
Overall, the Nike Game jersey does not offer some of the premium finishes that the Nike Limited and Nike Elite jerseys offer, and if you are looking for a true authentic version of what they players wear on the field, the Nike Game jersey is not it (Nike Elite).
But if you are looking for a budget-friendly way to rep your favorite player or team, the Nike Game jersey will work just fine.
Nike Game Jersey Review: Pictures
Here are some pictures of the jersey I own. As a reminder, the jersey is a size medium and I am 6’3″ and weigh 200 pounds.
This tagless collar does not stretch easily so that should not be a problem as long as you don’t overdo it. The NFL shield is a rubbery/spongy material.
Good look at the side mesh paneling that comes with the Nike Game jersey for extra breathability.
Again, the finishes on the Nike Game jersey will not be as nice as the Nike Limited and the Nike Elite. For example, the numbers are screen-printed on and not stitched. Here is a look at how the numbers differ from the Game (blue) vs the Limited Vapor (white):
As you can see the Nike Game has the screen printed numbers and the Nike Limited Vapor has the sewn-on numbers.
Here is a look at the screen-printed logo on the sleeves. If you have read any of my jersey reviews, you will know that one of the complaints I have about many NFL fan jerseys is the sleeves are (at times) too long.
For comparison, here is a look at the sleeve length between the Game vs the Limited Vapor that I own (both size medium):
As you can see the white Nike Limited Vapor has much more fitted sleeves that don’t ride down all the way to the elbow. Here is another overall look at the sizing of the Limited Vapor compared to the Game:
As we just talked about, clearly you can see the difference in the sleeves. The Nike Game jersey also runs about an inch longer, and maybe a half inch wider through the chest and stomach areas (both of these are size medium).
Here is the Game compared to a size medium Nike Elite jersey:
Name plate itself is stitched on, but the letters are screen printed. Compare that to the Limited Vapor (which has a stitched-on name plate and letters):
A look at the seams on the inside. The stitching did not personally bother me, but if you don’t plan to layer, this gives you an idea of what you are up against as far as seams.
Nike Game Jersey: 3 Takeaways
Here are my main three takeaways from owning and wearing the Nike Game jersey:
- Size – The Nike Game jersey has a relaxed fit. Despite that, in my opinion it’s not so baggy that you must size down. Only size down if you cannot stand a relaxed fit, or just plan to layer underneath. The Game jersey also runs a bit longer than other jersey types.
- Cold Weather – As I mentioned, if you are looking for a jersey that allows you room to easily wear a hoodie underneath, then this jersey is perfect (and you likely will not even need to size up). The arms and shoulders provide plenty of room for a sweatshirt underneath.
- Price – This jersey is one of the most affordable jersey types. This is the current price of the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
Nike Game Jersey vs Other Jerseys
Where does the Nike Game jersey stack up as far as sizing and features against these other three types of fan jerseys available:
- NFL Pro Line
- Nike Limited
- Nike Elite
The Nike Game jersey is slimmer than the NFL Pro Line, but looser than both the Nike Limited and Nike Elite jerseys.
The Nike Game offers better quality, in my opinion, than the NFL Pro Line jersey, but less premium finishes in comparison to the Nike Limited and Nike Elite jerseys.
If you are interested in comparing the Nike Game jersey to other types of fan jerseys, I would recommend visiting our football jersey resource page where you can get free access to all of our jersey review and comparison article.
Where to Buy?
Click here to buy your Nike Game jersey at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com). NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL. You can buy from them with confidence knowing you aren’t getting scammed.