In this article we are going to discuss Nike Game jersey sizing and fit by taking a look at how the Nike Game jersey fits me. There are 5 main types of NFL Jerseys you will need to consider. Quickly, here’s what you need to know about those 5 jersey types (affiliate links take you to NFLShop.com):
- Nike Legend – The Nike Legend is unique compared to other NFL jerseys. It fits almost like a standard t-shirt, and is more affordable than other jerseys. I was a bit shocked how much I liked the fit. True to size. Lightweight, and easy to wear. Click here to view the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com. NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL.
- Nike Game – The Nike Game jerseys are popular fan jerseys due to price point. They have the true look of a jersey, but are replicas, which means they are a bit more affordable than premium jerseys. Relaxed fit, but true to size. These jerseys are a good option if you are looking for a Nike jersey on a tight budget. Click here to view the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- Nike Limited – The Nike Limited Vapor jerseys are my favorite jersey. Vapor style has clean front with seams converging in back. Sits flat against body. This jersey has stitched numbers and graphics. Awesome jersey, with a great fit and some premium finishes. More affordable than the Elite authentic jerseys. True to size. Click here to view the Nike Limited jerseys at NFLShop.com
- Nike Elite – These are the authentic NFL jerseys, and the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field. The fit will be slimmer than other jerseys, mimicking the athletic fit of the players’ jerseys. The Elite jerseys have all the premium finishes, including stitched graphics and authentic paneling. Click here to view the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- NFL Pro Line Jersey – The NFL Pro Line Jersey is not made by Nike. It is a more affordable replica jersey, which might be a nice option if you are on a tight budget. This jersey has a baggy, loose fit, and you may need to size it down. Click here to view Pro Line jerseys at NFLShop.com.
In this article we are going to discuss specifically the Nike Game jersey sizing and fit. I will also link out to our other jersey resources if you want to learn more about a certain type of jersey.
Nike Game Jersey Sizing and Fit
I was shocked when I tried all the different types of NFL jerseys just how much the sizing varied by jersey.
The Nike Game is one of the most popular types of fan jerseys. A large part of that is due to price point. This is the current price of the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
I personally ordered my normal sizing for the Nike Game jerseys, and I thought it worked fine. But there are a couple things to understand.
Nike Game Jersey Fit
The Nike Game jerseys have a relaxed fit that runs true to size. That’s another way of saying, yes, the Nike Game jerseys run just a little bit bigger than normal clothing, but not big enough to where I personally had to size them down.
Here is a look at me wearing a size medium Nike Game jersey. I am 6’3″ and weigh 200 pounds:
Being in a cold weather state, I layer my jerseys a lot. As you can see, I can comfortably layer a hoodie underneath my size medium. Again, it is a relaxed fit that won’t fit tight in any area.
Even at 6’3″ tall, there is plenty of length in a size medium. Overall, I like to tell people to expect a relaxed fit that runs true to size. If you are looking for a slimmer fit, you will want to either choose a different jersey type, or size down. I ordered my normal sizing and felt like it worked just fine.
If you want to look at the official Nike Game Jersey Sizing Chart, you can access that information here. Let’s take a quick look at how the Nike Game jersey sizing compares to other types of NFL jerseys.
Nike Game Jersey Sizing Comparison
In the sections below, I will compare the Nike Game Jersey fit to the sizing and fit of other types of NFL fan jerseys. Let’s start by taking a look at the Nike Game jersey sizing compared to the Nike Legend.
- Nike Legend – This jersey fits true to size. It fits much like a standard t-shirt. It runs smaller than the Nike Game. In fact, the Nike Legend is more like a shirsey. It is made of polyester, so it still has the feel of a jersey, but expect the fit to be very similar to your standard t-shirt sizing. Size medium for both (6’3″ 200):
- Nike Limited – As I discussed earlier, the Nike Limited Vapor is my favorite NFL Jersey. It has premium finishes like stitched graphics, and I like the fit. It is true to size, and will be not quite as baggy as the Nike Game. Remember, the Nike Game runs just a touch big. Here is my size medium for both (6’3″ 200):
- Nike Elite – The Elite Jerseys are the authentic jerseys. This will be the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field. The design of the authentic jersey can vary, and they do have a Vapor version of the authentic. The authentic jerseys have a slimmer, more athletic fit than the Game jerseys. The Elites use numerical sizing. Here is my size 40 compared to medium Game (6’3″ 200):
- NFL Pro Line – The NFL Pro Line jerseys are an affordable replica jersey that is not made by Nike. This is by far the baggiest NFL jersey. You will need to size down the Pro Line jersey unless you prefer a loose fit. This fits looser than the Nike Game jersey. Here is a look my size medium for both (6’3″ 200 pounds):
NFL Jersey Sizing Resources
If you want to read more about these jerseys, and NFL jersey sizing in general, linked below are some of our other helpful resources. To read more about fit, visit our article How Do NFL Jerseys Fit?
- Nike Legend Jersey – Again, this jersey fits very similar to a t-shirt. I was surprised how much I liked it. To read more, visit our Nike Legend Jersey Review.
- Nike Game Jersey – This jersey has a relaxed fit that runs true to size. This is a replica jersey. To read more, visit our Nike Game Jersey Review.
- Nike Limited Jersey – This jersey has a true to size fit. This is my favorite type of NFL jersey. To read more, visit our Nike Limited Jersey Review.
- Nike Elite Jersey – This is the authentic NFL jersey. This is the closest you can get to wearing what the players wear on the field. To read more, visit our Nike Elite Jersey Review.
- NFL Pro Line – This is an affordable replica not made by Nike. This is the baggiest fit out of all NFL jerseys. To read more, visit our Pro Line Jersey Review.
Where to Buy NFL Jerseys?
NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL. I always recommend buying from a reputable source when searching for NFL jerseys. If you can’t shop locally, buying from NFLShop.com is a nice solutation. You can buy from them with confidence knowing you aren’t getting scammed. Click here to shop for NFL jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).