If you are shopping for a Pittsburgh Pirates stitched jersey and are a bit confused on which style of MLB jerseys are actually embroidered and not screen-printed, this article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Pirates jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Pittsburgh Pirates players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Pirates Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Pirates Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Pirates jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Pittsburgh Pirates Stitched Jerseys
Which Pirates Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Pirates Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Pirates jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Pirates jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Pirates players wear on the field.
These Pirates Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Pirates jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Pirates Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Pirates replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Pirates jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Pirates Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- MLB Jersey Size Chart for buying
- MLB Jerseys supposed to run big or small?
- Majestic vs Nike Full Jersey Review
- Flexed Jerseys for MLB, what are they?
Other Pittsburgh Pirates Information
If you are interested in attending a Pittsburgh Pirates game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
- Can you watch Pirates batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Pirates Game?
- Does PNC Park Take Cash?
- How Long are Pirates Games?
- Can you buy Pirates tickets at the gate?
- Best places to buy Pittsburgh Pirates tickets.
- Where to park at Pirates Games
- PNC Park Parking Lots
- PNC Park Entrance Gates
Pirates Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The Pirates have some of the most unique fonts on their home uniforms. The Pirates name has a pointed font across the chest with a tiny pirate logo on the left sleeve. On the back, the player’s name is featured in black font with a yellow outline and a large number underneath.
Their road jerseys feature the Pittsburgh name across the front in cursive. The writing is in black and is outlined in yellow. Across the back shoulder is the player’s name in black font outlined in yellow and a large number in black in a yellow outline.