If you are shopping for NFL jerseys, you might run across a Nike Legend jersey. These jerseys are more affordable than most other types of NFL fan jerseys, so you might be wondering what the difference is. What is a Nike Legend jersey?
A Nike Legend jersey is a sort of shirt-jersey hybrid, much like a shirsey. Although most shirseys are made of cotton, the Nike Legend is made with polyester fabric, so it does have a jersey feel to it. The Nike Legend fits much like a t-shirt, which can be a positive.
If you are shopping for NFL jerseys, these are your 5 options (affiliate links take you to NFLShop.com):
- Nike Legend – The Nike Legend is unique compared to other NFL jerseys. It fits almost like a standard t-shirt, and is more affordable than other jerseys. I was a bit shocked how much I liked the fit. True to size. Lightweight, and easy to wear. Click here to view the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com. NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL.
- Nike Game – The Nike Game jerseys are popular fan jerseys due to price point. They have the true look of a jersey, but are replicas, which means they are a bit more affordable than premium jerseys. Relaxed fit, but true to size. These jerseys are a good option if you are looking for a Nike jersey on a tight budget. Click here to view the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- Nike Limited – The Nike Limited Vapor jerseys are my favorite jersey. Vapor style has clean front with seams converging in back. Sits flat against body. This jersey has stitched numbers and graphics. Awesome jersey, with a great fit and some premium finishes. More affordable than the Elite authentic jerseys. True to size. Click here to view the Nike Limited jerseys at NFLShop.com
- Nike Elite – These are the authentic NFL jerseys, and the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field. The fit will be slimmer than other jerseys, mimicking the athletic fit of the players’ jerseys. The Elite jerseys have all the premium finishes, including stitched graphics and authentic paneling. Click here to view the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- NFL Pro Line Jersey – The NFL Pro Line Jersey is not made by Nike. It is a more affordable replica jersey, which might be a nice option if you are on a tight budget. This jersey has a baggy, loose fit, and you may need to size it down. Click here to view Pro Line jerseys at NFLShop.com.
I personally was actually a bit surprised how much I liked the Nike Legend jersey the first time I tried it on. I had no idea what to expect. No, this jersey won’t be the most premium jersey on the market, but it does give you an affordable way to rep your favorite player or team.
As I mentioned above, the Nike Legend fits much like a t-shirt. I actually found myself liking the way it fit. Some NFL jerseys can be over-sized and/or fit awkward. The Nike Legend, in my experience, has a standard fit and pairs easily with normal clothes.
Nike Legend Jersey
What is a Nike Legend Jersey?
As we discussed earlier, a Nike Legend jersey is a sort of shirt-jersey hybrid, much like a shirsey. Although most shirseys are made of cotton, the Nike Legend is made with polyester fabric, so it does have a jersey feel to it.
This makes it a bit unique compared to the other types of NFL jerseys that all are built more like true jerseys. Although this might be viewed as a negative by some, in my experience, the Nike Legend jersey fits better than many other types of NFL jerseys.
If you are looking for an authentic jersey, this is not it. But if you are just looking for a cool way to rep a player or team, the Nike Legend jersey gives you an affordable option that fits much like normal clothing (some other jersey styles can fit awkward).
***To read more about the Nike Legend, visit our Nike Legend Jersey Review.
How Do Nike Legend Jerseys fit?
The Nike Legend jerseys fit much more like a standard t-shirt than the other types of NFL jerseys do. In my experience, ordering my normal sizing has worked just fine. Here is a look at me wearing a size medium (6’3″ 200):
Are Nike Legend Jerseys Stitched?
No, Nike Legend jerseys are not stitched. They use screen-printed graphics. Again, this is done in part to help keep costs down so that this jersey can be offered at a more affordable price point compared to other fan jerseys.
The Nike Legend uses sublimation printing (which I am a fan of) – sublimation is a process of transferring dye to a garment using heat. The benefit of this type of printing is you don’t end up with screen printed graphics that sit on top of the garment like paint. The sublimation process allows the ink to become part of the fabric which causes the graphic to last a lot longer in comparison to older techniques of screen printing.
Here is a close-up look at the graphics on the Nike Legend jersey that I own:
It is important to note that although the graphics are screen-printed on, the NFL shield at the front collar is stitched on. Here is a look at mine:
Overall, I like this jersey for two main reasons:
- It has an affordable price point in comparison to other NFL jerseys. This is the current price of the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
- It has a comfortable fit that, in my opinion, pairs with normal clothing a bit easier than some other jerseys. If you are interested in how other jerseys fit, I’d recommend visiting our article How Do NFL Jerseys Fit?
Where to Buy Nike Legend Jerseys
As mentioned earlier, we are an affiliate with NFLShop.com. Because there are potentially fake jerseys on the re-sale market, I always recommend people to by from a reputable source like NFLShop.com (which is the official online shop of the NFL). Click here to view the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com to see if your favorite player is in stock (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).