When you are shopping for your next Cincinnati Reds stitched jersey it can get confusing which jerseys are actually stitched and which have screen-printed graphics. If you don’t know the differences, it can be easy to get it wrong. This article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Here’s what you need to know before you buy:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Reds jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Cincinnati Reds players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Reds Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic Reds jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Reds Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Reds jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Cincinnati Reds Stitched Jerseys
Which Reds Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Cincinnati Reds Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Reds jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Reds jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Reds players wear on the field.
These Reds Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Reds jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Reds Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Reds replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Reds jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Reds Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- Sizing for MLB Jerseys
- Will MLB Jerseys run true to size?
- Majestic vs Nike Everything you should know
- Flexed Jerseys Review for MLB
Other Cincinnati Reds Information
If you are interested in attending a Cincinnati Reds game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
- Can you watch Reds batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Reds Game?
- Does Great American Ball Park Take Cash?
- How Long are Reds Games?
- Can you buy Reds tickets at the gate?
- Best Places to find Cincinnati Reds Tickets
- Where to park at Reds Games?
- Great American Ball Park Parking Lots
- Great American Ball Park Entrance Gates
- Great American Ball Park Parking Passes
Reds Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The Cincinnati Reds home jerseys are white with a red stripe running down each side of the front along the buttons. They have a small circular red patch on the chest that has a white “C” with a white “Reds” inside the C. There is also a small red stripe that goes around the arm at the base of the sleeve. On the back the players name is in red along with the players numbers.
The gray road jersey of the Cincinnati Reds has the town name across the chest in capital font, bordered in white. The player’s number is on the lower left lapel. The back has the player’s name across the shoulder in red font with white outlining and black shadow. The numbers are oversized and have the same color and effect as the name.
The last thing to remember is when you are buying an authentic Reds jersey, you will need to buy a stitched Reds jersey. All Authentic Reds Jerseys have stitched on graphics, not printed on.