If you are shopping for a Los Angeles Dodgers stitched jersey and are a bit confused on which style of MLB jerseys are actually embroidered and not screen-printed, this article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Dodgers jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Los Angeles Dodgers players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Los Angeles Dodgers jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Los Angeles Dodgers Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Dodgers jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Los Angeles Dodgers Stitched Jerseys
Which Los Angeles Dodgers Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Los Angeles Dodgers Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Dodgers jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Dodgers jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Los Angeles Dodgers players wear on the field.
These Los Angeles Dodgers Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Dodgers jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Los Angeles Dodgers replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Dodgers jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Los Angeles Dodgers Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- How Do Nike Baseball Jerseys Fit?
- Do Baseball Jerseys Run True to Size?
- Nike vs Majestic
- Flex Base Jerseys
Other Los Angeles Dodgers Information
If you are interested in attending a Los Angeles Dodgers game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
For more information regarding Los Angeles Dodgers games, visit our articles linked below:
- Can you watch Dodgers batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Dodgers Game?
- How Long are Dodgers Games?
- Can you buy Dodgers tickets at the Stadium?
- Best Place to find Dodgers Tickets?
- Dodger Stadium Gate and Parking Information
Stitched Dodgers Jerseys Color Information
The Los Angeles Dodgers are a classic team with a classic uniform. Their white home jersey features the Dodgers name in blue cursive writing with a large tail underneath. The small numbers are just below in bright red. The player’s name is in blue across the shoulder on the back with their number just below.
The Dodgers road uniform is gray and has a large tail of Los Angeles across the chest in blue cursive font. The back of the jersey has the player’s name running across the shoulders in blue with an oversized number beneath.
Just remember, the authentic Dodgers jersey will be the stitched Dodgers jersey.