It can be difficult to understand the differences between replica jerseys and authentic jerseys. If you are interested in an Astros stitched jersey that has the real embroidered graphics, then you will want to buy an Astros authentic jersey. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Astros jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Houston Astros players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Astros Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Astros Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Astros jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Houston Astros Stitched Jerseys
Which Astros Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Astros Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Astros jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Astros jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Astros players wear on the field.
These Astros Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Astros jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Astros Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Astros replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Astros jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Astros Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- What size should you get for Nike MLB Jerseys?
- Do all baseball jerseys fit big?
- Nike compared to Majestic Jersey Sizing
Other Astros Information
For more information regarding the Houston Astros, visit our articles linked below:
- Can you watch Astros batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Houston Game?
- Does Minute Maid Park Use Cash?
- Can you purchase tickets at Minute Maid Park?
- Minute Maid Park Gate Locations
- Minute Maid Park Parking Lots
- Where to Buy Astros Tickets?
Astros Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The Houston Astros have a simply designed jersey while also being memorable and displaying the proud colors of the team. In capital, across the front of the shirt is the name Astros. It is a deep blue and outlined with a dark orange—a matching orange stripe lines the opening of the sleeves and the collar and button area.
Away jerseys are a nice contrast for the Houston Astros. They are a simple gray with Houston emblazoned in a capital font across the front. It is outlined with a subdued orange, and the button area and sleeves are lined with a deep blue stripe.
Just remember, the authentic Astros jersey will be the stitched Astros jersey.