When you are shopping for a Miami Marlins stitched jersey it is important to know which jerseys are really stitched and which just have screen-printed graphics. If you don’t understand the differences, it can be easy to buy the wrong jersey type. This article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Here’s what you need to know before you buy:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Marlins jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Miami Marlins players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Marlins Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic Marlins jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Marlins Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Marlins jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Miami Marlins Stitched Jerseys
Which Marlins Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Miami Marlins Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Marlins jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Marlins jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Marlins players wear on the field.
These Marlins Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Marlins jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Marlins Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Marlins replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Marlins jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Marlins Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- Sizing and buying for all types of MLB Jerseys
- Will all types of MLB Jerseys run true to size?
- Nike vs Majestic Full Size Review
- Your Guide to MLB Flexed Jerseys
Other Miami Marlins Information
If you are interested in attending a Miami Marlins game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
- Can you watch Marlins batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Marlins Game?
- Does LoanDepot Park Take Cash?
- How Long are Marlins Games?
- Can you buy Marlins tickets at the gate?
- Where to park at Marlins Games?
- LoanDepot Park Parking Lots
- LoanDepot Park Entrance Gates
Marlins Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The Marlins home jersey is white with “Miami” written straight across the chest in cursive. The letters are black and shadowed in blue and red-orange. There is a black and red-orange stripe around each sleeve. The Marlins logo is on the left sleeve.
The Marlins away jersey is just like the Marlins home jersey only it is gray. Other than the color, the jersey designs are exactly the same.
The Marlins have a host of alternate jerseys. The Marlins most common alternate is a black jersey with black cursive text across the chest in cursive. The blue and red-orange shadowing makes the “Marlins” pop out in this black-on-black concept. It also has the Marlins logo on the left sleeve.
The last thing to remember is when you are buying an authentic Marlins jersey, you will need to buy a stitched Marlins jersey. All Authentic Marlins Jerseys have stitched on graphics, not printed on.