It can be difficult to understand the differences between replica jerseys and authentic jerseys. If you are interested in a Mets stitched jersey that has the real embroidered graphics, then you will want to buy a Mets authentic jersey. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Mets jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the New York Mets players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Mets Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Mets Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Mets jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic New York Mets Stitched Jerseys
Which Mets Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Mets Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Mets jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Mets jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Mets players wear on the field.
These Mets Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Mets jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Mets Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Mets replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Mets jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Mets Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
Other Mets Information
For more information regarding Citi Field, visit our articles linked below:
- Can you watch batting practice at Citi Field?
- What to Bring to a New York Mets Game?
- Does Citi Field Accept Cash?
- How Long are Mets Games?
- Can you buy tickets at Citi Field?
- Citi Field Gate Locations
- Citi Field Parking Lots
- Buying NYM Parking Pass
Mets Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
- Home: A white jersey with blue pinstripes. The word “Mets” slants upward across the chest. It is written in cursive in blue outlined in orange. The Mets logo adorns the left sleeve.
- Away: Another road gray jersey. It has thin blue lines straddling the buttons and meeting behind the neck. Arching across the chest is the text “New York.” There is a thin blue stripe on each sleeve, with the Mets logo on the left sleeve.
- Alternate: The Mets have a couple of alternate jerseys, both of which mirror the design of the home jersey. The options will be a blue jersey with orange letters outlined in white or a black jersey with blue letters outlined in orange and white. Most versions of the alternate will feature the player’s number beneath the text.
Just remember, the authentic Mets jerseys will be the stitched Mets jerseys.