Buying a new San Diego Padres stitched jersey is exciting but it is easy to get a bit confused on which style of MLB jerseys are actually embroidered and not screen-printed, this article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Here’s what you need to know before you buy:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Padres jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the San Diego Padres players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Padres Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic Padres jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Padres Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Padres jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic San Diego Padres Stitched Jerseys
Which Padres Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the San Diego Padres Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Padres jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Padres jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Padres players wear on the field.
These Padres Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Padres jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Padres Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Padres replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Padres jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Padres Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- MLB Jersey Size and Buying Guide
- MLB Jerseys supposed to run true to size?
- Majestic vs Nike Full Jersey Review for Buying
- Flexed Jerseys for MLB, are they right for you?
Other San Diego Padres Information
If you are interested in attending a San Diego Padres game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
- Can you watch Padres batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Padres Game?
- Does Petco Park Take Cash?
- How Long are Padres Games?
- Can you buy Padres tickets at the gate?
- Best Places to Buy Padres Tickets
- Where to park at Padres Games?
- Petco Park Parking Lots
- Petco Park Entrance Gates
Padres Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The white home jersey worn by the San Diego Padres is pin striped. The Padres name is across the chest in sizeable brown font outlined with yellow. Stripes also line the collar and sleeves. The numbers have oversized brown outlines with yellow font and a matching nameplate on the shoulders and on the back.
The Padres have a gray road jersey with black pin-stripes and a stripe around the collar. San Diego is in large font across the front in brown outlined with yellow. The player’s name is in brown with a yellow outline with a matching number just beneath.
The last thing to always remember, if you want an authentic Padres jersey, you will need to buy a stitched Padres jersey. If it is not stitched, it is not an authentic Padres jersey.