When you are shopping for your next Philadelphia Phillies stitched jersey it can get confusing which jerseys are stitched and which are screen-printed. If you don’t know the differences, it can be easy to get it wrong. This article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Here’s what you need to know before you buy:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Phillies jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Philadelphia Phillies players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Phillies Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic Phillies jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Phillies Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Phillies jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Philadelphia Phillies Stitched Jerseys
Which Phillies Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Philadelphia Phillies Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Phillies jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Phillies jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Phillies players wear on the field.
These Phillies Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Phillies jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Phillies Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Phillies replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Phillies jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Phillies Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- All MLB Jersey Sizing and Buying Guide
- Do all MLB Jerseys run true to size?
- Majestic vs Nike Everything you Need to know
- Full Review for Flexed Jerseys
Other Philadelphia Phillies Information
If you are interested in attending a Philadelphia Phillies game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
- Can you watch Phillies batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Phillies Game?
- Does Citizens Bank Park Take Cash?
- How Long are Phillies Games?
- Can you buy Phillies tickets at the gate?
- Where to park at Phillies Games?
- Citizens Bank Park Parking Lots
- Citizens Bank Park Entrance Gates
Phillies Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
The Philadelphia Phillies home jersey is white with red pinstripes. It says “Phillies” straight across the chest in red cursive text. Both “I’s” are dotted with blue stars. Some versions of the Philadelphia Phillies home jersey have the player’s number on the left sleeve.
The Philadelphia Phillies road jersey is grey and also has “Phillies” written in red cursive straight across the chest, with both “I’s” dotted with a blue star. The Philadelphia Phillies road jersey also has a thin red stripe on the sleeves.
The Philadelphia Phillies most common alternate jersey has a similar design to both the home and road jersey, only in the color cream. The alternate Phillies jersey has red font with blue outline. The Phillies also have a bold alternate that features a light red jersey with darker red “Phillies” script outlined in blue.
The last thing to remember is when you are buying an authentic Phillies jersey, you will need to buy a stitched Phillies jersey. All Authentic Phillies Jerseys have stitched on graphics, not printed on.