If you are shopping for a Tampa Bay Rays stitched jersey and are a bit confused on which style of MLB jerseys are actually embroidered and not screen-printed, this article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Rays jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Tampa Bay Rays players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Tampa Bay Rays jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Tampa Bay Rays Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Rays jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Tampa Bay Rays Stitched Jerseys
Which Tampa Bay Rays Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Tampa Bay Rays Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Rays jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Rays jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Tampa Bay Rays players wear on the field.
These Tampa Bay Rays Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Rays jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Tampa Bay Rays replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Rays jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Tampa Bay Rays Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
- MLB Nike Jersey Size Info
- Do Baseball Jerseys Run Big or Small?
- Nike vs Majestic Baseball Jerseys
- What are Flex Base MLB Jerseys?
Other Tampa Bay Rays Information
If you are interested in attending a Tampa Bay Rays game, understanding where to park and how to enter the stadium can be a bit confusing. So can the policies and procedures surrounding MLB games. Below are some helpful resources to get you started:
For more information regarding Tropicana Field, visit our articles linked below:
- Can you watch Rays batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Rays Game?
- Does Tropicana Field Take Cash?
- How Long are Rays Games?
- Can you buy Tampa Bay Rays tickets at the gate?
- Where to park at Rays Games
- Tropicana Field Parking Lots
- Tropicana Field Entrance Gates
Rays Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
- Home: A white jersey with thin navy blue stripes straddling the buttons and running up around the neck and meeting in the back. There is also a single navy blue stripe on the sleeves. The font features a navy blue “Rays” straight across the chest, shadowed in white and Columbia blue. The left sleeve has the Rays logo. There is also a yellow ray inside the upper part of the “R.”
- Away: A gray jersey that is identical to the home jersey in all other aspects.
- Alternate: The most common alternate jersey you will see for the Rays has all of the same design features as the home and away versions, only with a bolder color scheme. The jersey is navy blue with thin Columbia blue stripes straddling the buttons and running up around the neck and meeting in the back.
Just remember, the authentic Rays jersey will be the stitched Rays jersey.