If you are shopping for a Boston Red Sox stitched jersey and are a bit confused on which style of MLB jerseys are actually embroidered and not screen-printed, this article can give you some guidance. There are two main types of MLB jerseys. Quickly, here’s what you need to know:
- Nike Authentic Jerseys – These are the stitched Red Sox jerseys. This is is the closest you can get to wearing what the Boston Red Sox players wear. Embroidered graphics and authentic paneling. This is the most premium MLB fan jersey you can buy. Click here to view these Red Sox Authentic jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
- Nike Replica Jerseys – These replica jerseys are not stitched. They are a more affordable alternative to the Authentic jerseys. Although they look very similar, they don’t have all the premium finishes that the Authentic jerseys have. These replica jerseys have heat-sealed graphics. Great if you are on a tighter budget. Click here to view these Red Sox Replica jerseys at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com).
In this article let’s take a closer look at the stitched Red Sox jerseys so you can have a better idea what to expect. We will also link out to our other MLB jersey resources in case you want to read more about these jerseys.
Authentic Boston Red Sox Stitched Jerseys
Which Red Sox Jersey is Stitched?
As we discussed above, the Nike Authentic MLB jerseys are the MLB jerseys that have authentic embroidery. Most teams offer their authentic jersey to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors so you can choose which one you prefer.
For example, here’s what the home version of the Red Sox Authentic Jersey looks like:
This is the current price of this authentic Red Sox jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). Because these are the stitched Red Sox jerseys, they will be more expensive.
These Nike Authentic jerseys are quite popular and coveted by many baseball fans. As we discussed earlier, this is the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the Red Sox players wear on the field.
These Red Sox Authentic Jerseys do have the mesh paneling on the back side of the jersey below the belt. I believe this is actually referred to as an “Air Belt”. Here’s a close look at the “Air Belt” mesh paneling on the bottom of a Nike Authentic MLB Jersey:
This “Air Belt” was incorporated in 2016 when MLB made changes to the jerseys based on, in part, input from the players. This mesh paneling increases air flow and reduces body heat for the players. And because the Authentic jerseys are made to mimic what the players wear on the field, your authentic Red Sox jersey will also have this mesh paneling.
Are Replica Red Sox Jerseys Authentic?
The Nike Replica jerseys are the more affordable option, and no they are not authentic. The replica jerseys will look very similar to the authentic jerseys, but have fewer premium design features, which keeps production costs down, and allows them to be sold at a more affordable price point.
This is the current price of the Red Sox replica jerseys available at MLBShop.com (paid affiliate link takes you to MLBShop.com). No, these replica jerseys do not have the authentic embroidery, so if you are shopping for a stitched Red Sox jersey, you will need to stick with the Nike Authentic Jerseys we discussed earlier.
The graphics on these replica jerseys are heat-sealed. Overall, the replicas still look very nice. And even though they aren’t authentic jerseys, this is still a cool way to rep your favorite player or team, especially if you are operating on a tight budget.
Authentic Red Sox Jersey Sizing Information
Nike became the official outfitter of MLB in 2020. The previous outfitter was Majestic. Having owned both Majestic and Nike authentic jerseys, I can tell you that overall, the sizing is very similar.
In my experience, MLB jerseys do fit a little bit big, but I usually order my normal sizing. If you want to read more in-depth regarding sizing, visit our articles linked below:
Other Red Sox Information
For more information regarding Fenway park and the Boston Red Sox, visit our articles linked below:
- Can you watch Red Sox batting practice?
- What to Bring to a Boston Red Sox Game?
- Does Fenway Park Take Cash?
- Can you purchase tickets at Fenway park?
- Fenway Park Gate Information
- Fenway Park Parking Information
- Where to Buy Red Sox Tickets
Red Sox Stitched Jersey Color Information
As we discussed earlier, the most all MLB teams will offer the Nike Authentic Jerseys to fans in the home, road, and alternate colors, but it is important to understand that availability can be an issue, especially during baseball season when sales increase.
- Home: This jersey is white with thin red stripes straddling the buttons and running up around the neck and meeting in the back. “Red Sox” is spelled out across the chest in red, arching letters. It is lightly outlined in navy blue for contrast.
- Away: This is a gray jersey with “Boston” arching across the chest in the same style as the home jersey. The font is also red with a thin navy blue outline.
- Alternate: The Red Sox are known to wear a number of alternate jerseys. Most commonly at home, they will use the same “Red Sox” design as the regular home jersey, only with a red jersey and navy blue letters outlined in white. On the road, you are likely to see them don the same “Boston” design, only with a navy blue jersey and red letters outlined in white.
Just remember, the authentic Red Sox jersey will be the stitched Red Sox jersey.