This is a Nike Elite vs Game jersey comparison. Before we start the review, if you are looking for quick jersey advice, I own and review all the NFL jersey types. Quickly, here’s what you need to know (affiliate links take you to NFLShop.com):
- Nike Legend – The Nike Legend is unique compared to other NFL jerseys. It fits almost like a standard t-shirt, and is more affordable than other jerseys. I was a bit shocked how much I liked the fit. True to size. Lightweight, and easy to wear. Click here to view the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com. NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL.
- Nike Game – The Nike Game jerseys are popular fan jerseys due to price point. They have the true look of a jersey, but are replicas, which means they are a bit more affordable than premium jerseys. Relaxed fit, but true to size. These jerseys are a good option if you are looking for a Nike jersey on a tight budget. Click here to view the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- Nike Limited – The Nike Limited Vapor jerseys are my favorite jersey. Vapor style has clean front with seams converging in back. Sits flat against body. This jersey has stitched numbers and graphics. Awesome jersey, with a great fit and some premium finishes. More affordable than the Elite authentic jerseys. True to size. Click here to view the Nike Limited jerseys at NFLShop.com
- Nike Elite – These are the authentic NFL jerseys, and the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field. The fit will be slimmer than other jerseys, mimicking the athletic fit of the players’ jerseys. The Elite jerseys have all the premium finishes, including stitched graphics and authentic paneling. Click here to view the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- NFL Pro Line Jersey – The NFL Pro Line Jersey is not made by Nike. It is a more affordable replica jersey, which might be a nice option if you are on a tight budget. This jersey has a baggy, loose fit, and you may need to size it down. Click here to view Pro Line jerseys at NFLShop.com.
This is the jersey type from NFLShop.com that I recommend as best fan jersey – in my opinion it has the best combination of fit, comfort, style and price (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com). I would suggest at least checking out those Limited Vapor jerseys before you make your final decision.
If you are debating Nike Elite vs Game, this article should help you better understand the differences, and the unique advantages and disadvantages of both.
If you want to read any of our other jersey review or comparison articles, you can do so by visiting our jersey resource page. We also have a buyer’s guide that will help you determine which jersey is right for you. Visit our article: Best NFL Jersey to Buy
Nike Elite vs Nike Game NFL Jerseys
The Nike Game jersey is a budget-friendly option. It won’t be an exact replica of what the players wear on the field.
This means it will have screen-printed numbers, letters, and logos and won’t be made with zone stretch fabric and will instead be 100% polyester. Here is a look at my Nike Game jersey:
The Nike Elite jersey is the authentic NFL jersey. It is designed to match the exact specifications of what the players wear on the field.
This means sewn-on numbers and logos, an athletic fit made with stretch fabric, and other premium finishes like flywire collars and mesh side panels. Here is a look at mine:
Just by looking at those two pictures, one thing that you can see is the paneling on the white Nike Elite jersey which matches the authentic paneling of the players’ jerseys. The paneling helps make it unique to other fan jerseys and makes it authentic.
Nike Elite vs Game: Price
Price is one of the biggest differences between the Nike Game and the Nike Elite jersey. I would suggest noting the price right now so that you are aware of it as you make your decision.
- This is the current price of the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com)
- This is the current price of the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
Nike Elite vs Game: Fit
The Nike Game is more of a relaxed fit. To me, it still runs true-to-size, just don’t expect a slim cut. It’s a looser fitting jersey, but not so much so that it demands you to size down.
The only time you should consider sizing down the Nike Game is if you absolutely detest a relaxed, loose fitting jersey. To read more, visit our article: Nike Game Jersey Sizing. Here I am wearing a medium (6’3″ 200):
The Nike Elite jerseys run true to size, but expect a slimmer fit. They have an athletic fit, but I wouldn’t describe it as snug in all areas.
Mine fit a bit snug right around the waist line, but was actually a bit loose through the chest. In my opinion you likely will not need to size up or down with the Nike Elite jersey.
The Nike Elite is sized numerically instead of the small-medium-large sizing of other fan jerseys, like the Nike Game. Here is a look at me wearing a size 40 Nike Elite (which is comparable to a medium):
As you can see in the picture above, the Nike Elite has the authentic chest panel that does create a small bit of extra room in the chest. The overall fit of the jersey is very comfortable in my opinion due to the stretch fabric used in the Elite jerseys.
Nike Elite vs Game: Design
The greatest difference when discussing Nike Elite vs Game jerseys is in the design. Simply put, the Nike Game is a budget-friendly replica jersey while the Nike Elite is a premium authentic version of the on-field jersey of the players. Obviously this means they have significant design differences.
If you want to do a deeper dive on each of these jerseys, you can view my Nike Game jersey review or you can view my Nike Elite jersey review. Here are 5 main differences in design between the Nike Elite and Nike Game jerseys:
- 1. Material – The Nike Game jersey is made of 100% polyester while the Nike Elite is made with a blend of materials that allow the jersey to stretch and makes it quite comfortable to wear.
- 2. Paneling – The Nike Elite has the authentic paneling you find on the jersey the players wear. The Nike Game has a mesh side panel that gives it a little extra breathability, but the Nike Game does not have the front and back paneling that the Nike Elite has. Here is a look at the front and back paneling of my Nike Elite jersey (white) and the Nike Game (navy):
- 3. Graphics – To some people, the graphics are very important. The Nike Game only has screen-printed numbers, letters, and logos while the Nike Elite has sewn-on numbers, letters and logos. Not only do the sewn-on numbers look better, they also last longer. Screen-print graphics may fade over time. Here is a look at the graphics:
- 4. Collar – The collar of the Nike Elite vs Game is going to differ. The Nike Elite has the flywire collar that prevents stretching while the Nike Game does not. That said, the Nike Game collar (in my opinion) is still well made and I truly don’t see stretching being an issue unless you overdo it.
- 5. Sleeves – The sleeves of the Nike Game jersey are going to be a little bit longer and baggier than the sleeves of the Nike Elite jersey. Here is a look at my medium Nike Game underneath my size 40 Nike Elite:
Nike Elite vs Game Comparison Photos
Here are a few other looks at both of the jerseys I own so that you can get a better idea how they differ (6’3 200):
Nike Elite vs Game Summary
The Nike Game doesn’t have the premium finishes of the Nike Elite jersey, but does offer you a more budget-friendly option for repping your favorite team. The Nike Game has a relaxed fit, but sizing down will likely not be needed unless you do not like a relaxed fit. To shop for Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com, click on this link (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
The Nike Elite is a serious piece of fan apparel, that allows you a premium way to invest in representing your team. These are the authentic jerseys. To shop for Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com, click on this link (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).