In this article we are going to discuss Nike Elite jersey sizing and fit by taking a look at how the Nike Elite jersey fits me. There are 5 main types of NFL Jerseys you will need to consider. Quickly, here’s what you need to know about those 5 jersey types (affiliate links take you to NFLShop.com):
- Nike Legend – The Nike Legend is unique compared to other NFL jerseys. It fits almost like a standard t-shirt, and is more affordable than other jerseys. I was a bit shocked how much I liked the fit. True to size. Lightweight, and easy to wear. Click here to view the Nike Legend jerseys at NFLShop.com. NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL.
- Nike Game – The Nike Game jerseys are popular fan jerseys due to price point. They have the true look of a jersey, but are replicas, which means they are a bit more affordable than premium jerseys. Relaxed fit, but true to size. These jerseys are a good option if you are looking for a Nike jersey on a tight budget. Click here to view the Nike Game jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- Nike Limited – The Nike Limited Vapor jerseys are my favorite jersey. Vapor style has clean front with seams converging in back. Sits flat against body. This jersey has stitched numbers and graphics. Awesome jersey, with a great fit and some premium finishes. More affordable than the Elite authentic jerseys. True to size. Click here to view the Nike Limited jerseys at NFLShop.com
- Nike Elite – These are the authentic NFL jerseys, and the closest you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field. The fit will be slimmer than other jerseys, mimicking the athletic fit of the players’ jerseys. The Elite jerseys have all the premium finishes, including stitched graphics and authentic paneling. Click here to view the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com.
- NFL Pro Line Jersey – The NFL Pro Line Jersey is not made by Nike. It is a more affordable replica jersey, which might be a nice option if you are on a tight budget. This jersey has a baggy, loose fit, and you may need to size it down. Click here to view Pro Line jerseys at NFLShop.com.
In this article we are going to discuss specifically the Nike Elite jersey sizing and fit. As I said above, the Nike Elite jerseys are the authentic jerseys for the NFL. The Elite jerseys are as close as you can get as a fan to wearing what the players wear on the field.
Nike Elite Jersey Sizing and Fit
The Nike Elite jerseys are some of the most coveted fan jerseys because they are authentic jerseys. The Nike Elite jerseys have all the premium design features, like authentic paneling and stitched-on graphics.
Due to the premium design, the Elite jerseys are not cheap. This is the current price of the Nike Elite jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).
Overall, the Nike Elite jerseys have an athletic fit, that can be slimmer than other jersey types. This mimicks the athletic fit of the jerseys the players wear on the field.
It is important to understand that there are two types of Nike Elite jerseys: regular and vapor. Which version is offered for your team will vary and is usually determined based on what type of jersey the team itself choose to wear. Let’s discuss both.
Nike Elite Jersey Fit
The Nike Elite jerseys have an athletic fit. These jersey will be slimmer than other types of jerseys. The Nike Elite jerseys are offered in a regular version and a Vapor Untouchable version. The options may vary by team.
The Vapor Untouchable jerseys were a re-design by Nike several years ago that took away the front paneling from the jersey, and made it to where the seams all converged in the middle of the back. This reduced grab points for the players.
For us fans, the Vapor Untouchable jerseys tend to fit smoother against the skin. The paneling on the regular Nike Elite jerseys are an awesome authentic design feature, but it can make the jersey not lay completely flat against the chest. Not a huge deal, but it is worth noting.
Here is a look at a size 40 Nike Elite jersey that has the authentic paneling on the front (6’3″ 200):
As you can see, the paneling is visible and does affect how the jersey fits. It is an awesome authentic design feature, but it does affect fit.
The Nike Elite Vapor jerseys have a different fit. Here is a look at a size 40 Nike Elite Vapor Untouchable jersey that has the paneling converge in middle of the back (6’3″ 200):
You can see here below on the backside of the jersey, the seams are converging under the numbers:
Overall, although both version of these Nike Elite Jerseys fit slim and athletic, there is a difference in design and sizing. The Nike Elite Vapor jerseys have the fitted sleeves. Here is a look at the size 40 Vapor Elite sitting on top of a size 40 regular Elite:
As you can see, the Nike Elite Vapor Untouchable jerseys run a bit slimmer than the regular Elite jerseys, and also have a little less length. And, again, they have the fitted sleeves. Both version are authentic jerseys that have premium design features and stitched graphics.
As I said earlier, the version offered will usually vary team to team. So, ultimately, you might not have a choice which one you like better if your team only offers one version of the Elite jersey.
It’s also important to note that the Nike Elite Jersey Sizing is done numerically, instead of the standard small, medium, large used by the other types of NFL jerseys. In my experience, the size 40 is a sort of medium equivalent. Click here to view the official Nike Elite Jersey Sizing Chart.
Nike Elite Jersey Sizing Comparison
In the sections below, I will compare the Nike Elite Jersey fit to the sizing and fit of other types of NFL fan jerseys. As we discussed in the previous sections, there are two versions of Nike Elite jerseys. For comparison purposes, I will use the regular Nike Elite jersey in this section.
Again, the Nike Elite Jersey Sizing is done numerically. I own a size 40, which is a medium equivalent, so we will compare it to size mediums in the other jerseys. Let’s start by taking a look at the Nike Elite jersey sizing compared to the Nike Legend.
- Nike Legend – This jersey fits true to size. It fits much like a standard t-shirt. The Nike Legend is more like a shirsey. It is made of polyester, so it still has the feel of a jersey, but expect the fit to be very similar to your standard t-shirt sizing. I was actually shocked how much I liked the Nike Legend jersey when I tried it. Below is size medium Legend and size 40 Elite (6’3″ 200):
- Nike Game – The Nike Game jersey is a popular replica jersey due to its price point. It has what I like to call a relaxed fit that runs true to size. Yes, this means it runs a little bit big, but I personally did not need to size down. It will be baggier than the Nike Elite jerseys. Here is my size medium Game compared to size 40 Elite (6’3″ 200):
- Nike Limited – The Limited Jerseys are personally my favorite type of NFL jersey. They have some of the premium finishes (like stitched graphics) but come in at a more affordable price point than the Elite jerseys. Feels like an awesome compromise to me. They have a very comfortable, true-to-size fit. Here is my size 40 Elite compared to medium Nike Limited (6’3″ 200):
- NFL Pro Line – The NFL Pro Line jerseys are an affordable replica jersey that is not made by Nike. This is by far the baggiest NFL jersey. You will need to size down the Pro Line jersey unless you prefer a loose fit. This fits much looser than the Nike Elite jersey. Here is a look my size medium Pro Line and size 40 Elite (6’3″ 200 pounds):
NFL Jersey Sizing Resources
If you want to read more about these jerseys, and NFL jersey sizing in general, linked below are some of our other helpful resources. To read more about fit, visit our article How Do NFL Jerseys Fit?
- Nike Legend Jersey – Again, this jersey fits very similar to a t-shirt. I was surprised how much I liked it. To read more, visit our Nike Legend Jersey Review.
- Nike Game Jersey – This jersey has a relaxed fit that runs true to size. This is a replica jersey. To read more, visit our Nike Game Jersey Review.
- Nike Limited Jersey – This jersey has a true to size fit. This is my favorite type of NFL jersey. To read more, visit our Nike Limited Jersey Review.
- Nike Elite Jersey – This is the authentic NFL jersey. This is the closest you can get to wearing what the players wear on the field. To read more, visit our Nike Elite Jersey Review.
- NFL Pro Line – This is an affordable replica not made by Nike. This is the baggiest fit out of all NFL jerseys. To read more, visit our Pro Line Jersey Review.
Where to Buy NFL Jerseys?
NFLShop.com is the official online shop of the NFL. I always recommend buying from a reputable source when searching for NFL jerseys, especially if you are wanting to pay up for an authentic Elite jersey.
If you can’t shop locally, buying from NFLShop.com is a nice solution. You can buy from them with confidence knowing you aren’t getting scammed. Click here to shop for NFL jerseys at NFLShop.com (affiliate link takes you to NFLShop.com).