There are many of us that like to play golf year round but do not live in a climate that is warm in the winter. During the cold winter temperatures playing golf may not be an option if you can’t stay warm. That is why I recommend buying a heated golf jacket so you can keep playing during those cold months. I really like the Arris Heated Golf Jacket because it has heating panels for each pocket to keep you hands warm. The jacket is also lightweight enough that it doesn’t affect your swing like a heavy duty coat.
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
These are our favorite choices for the best heated golf jackets:
- *Men’s* Arris Battery Heated Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Venture Heat Battery Heated Golf Hoodie (click here to view)
- *Men’s* ORORO Heated Golf Jacket with detachable Hood (click here to view)
- *Men’s* PROSmart Waterproof Heated Jacket for Golf (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Gerbing Battery Heated Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Women’s* ORORO Heated Fleece Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Women’s* ORORO Slim Fit Heated Golf Jacket (click here to view)
The first thing you will want to decide on when buying a heated golfing jacket is what winter conditions you are planning to play in. There are jackets with a couple of heating panels on the list and ones with up to 8 panels. There are also heated jackets with hoods and ones without.
As mentioned, I like the Arris battery heated jacket because it has a wide range of temperature settings to keep you comfortable in a variety of weather conditions. It also isn’t a bulky coat like what you normally need to stay warm in the winter. To me this is absolutely necessary, because playing golf in a jacket that affects your swing isn’t much fun.
You will also want to consider how long the jacket will stay heated. While most jackets have an expected battery life longer than it takes to play a round of golf, it can vary quite a bit. Also, you will want to pay attention to how long they last on each setting, as the warmer the setting the shorter they last.
In this article let’s take a closer look at the best heated golf jackets for men and women so you can find one that fits your needs. Let’s also discuss a few things to consider when choosing your next battery powered jacket for golfing.
Best Heated Golf Jackets for Men and Ladies
Men’s Arris Battery Heated Golf Jacket
This Arris Battery heated jacket for golf stays warm for 10 hours and has temperature settings ranging from about 100 degrees Fahrenheit up to about 175 degrees Fahrenheit. Depending on what you want, you can turn on the pockets, body cavity, neck area, or all of them. The jacket is also lightweight, which allows you to move and swing a club pretty freely. The hood is also detachable, which can be convenient on the golf course. This heated jacket is also water and windproof.
Here is what this Men’s Arris Golf Jacket looks like:
This is the current price of this Men’s Arris Heated Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this jacket:
- Battery Life – Depending on the settings it can last anywhere from 4 hours to 20 hours. So even on the highest setting possible, it will still last a full round of golf.
- Cleaning – You can wash it by hand or machine. When washing, remove the battery first. It is always a good idea to check with Arris if you have any questions.
- Phone Charging – Not only does this heated jacket keep you warm, but it can keep your cell phone charged as well. It has a built-in USB port that you can plug your phone into.
Click here to buy this Men’s heated jacket for golfing available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). With the 5 heating levels, this jacket can be worn in a wide range of temperatures.
Men’s Venture Heat Battery Heated Golf Hoodie
This heated hoodie is a more casual option compared to most standard heated golf jackets. It has 3 panels with one on each side of the zipper in the front and a large panel in the back. It has 2 standard pockets in the front for your hands. It has an easy to use heating toggle with 3 levels of low, medium, and high. The temperatures range from about 100 degrees Fahrenheit to about 130 degrees Fahrenheit. This jacket can also charge your phone with a USB cable.
Here is what this Men’s Venture Heat Golf Hoodie looks like:
This is the current price of this Men’s Venture Heat golf jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this jacket:
- Material– Dual sided fleece is the material that this jacket is made with. The heating elements are made from carbon fiber, which allows them to be thin and comfortable.
- Battery Life – The battery life will last about 12 hours on low, which is about 100 degrees Fahrenheit and about 3.5 hours on high, which is about 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cleaning – This jacket is approved for machine wash which is very convenient when you consider it is a heated jacket. If you have any questions, always contact the manufacturer.
Click here to buy this Men’s Golf Hoodie available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). This is a casual, lighter fitting golf hoodie for those who don’t want a heavier jacket.
Ladies ORORO Heated Fleece Golf Jacket
This ORORO heated jacket for golf is lightweight and very functional. It has 3 heating panels with one on each side of the zipper in the front and one large one in the back. It has two pockets for your hands and a zipper to keep the heat in. The bottom of the jacket is hemmed for a snug fit to keep the heat in. This golf jacket has a comfortable fit similar to a sweatshirt, which means it won’t affect your swing much at all.
Here is what this Women’s ORORO Fleece Jacket looks like:
This is the current price of this Women’s ORORO heated fleece golf jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this jacket:
- Design – This ORORO heated jacket is a classic look that can be worn almost anywhere. It is made with cotton and polyester fleece that is lightweight yet warm.
- Battery Life – When using the low setting, the battery should last about 10 hours. When using the high setting, which gets up to 130 degree Fahrenheit, it will last between 3-4 hours.
- Cleaning – You can wash this heated jacket in the washer. ORORO has designed these jackets to withstand more than 50 machine washes.
Click here to buy this Women’s ORORO heated jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). If you want a heavier women’s heated jacket, check out the ORORO slim fit jacket in the next section.
Other Men’s and Ladies Heated Golf Jackets to Consider
- Men’s ORORO Heated Golf Jacket with detachable hood – I really like that this heated jacket has a detachable hood. Hoods obviously keep you warmer, but playing golf with one on can be difficult. This jacket allows you the convenience of both options. It is also machine washable, just adding to the convenience it offers. The jacket gets warm in a matter of seconds and can last up to 10 hours depending on the settings you use. Click here to view this Men’s ORORO heated jacket for golf available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Women’s ORORO Slim Fit Heated Golf Jacket – This is a heavier option than the heated fleece jacket above. With the bigger jacket you also get wind and water resistance, which is very important. This jacket also has 3 heating panels with the standard placement of 2 in the front and one in the back. While the jacket will stay warm for 10 hours on low, it will only stay warm for 3-4 hours on high. Even the high setting should be enough for a round of golf, but if you leave it on high the entire time it will need to be recharged after. Click here to view this Women’s ORORO golf jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Men’s PROSmart Waterproof Heated Jacket for Golf -This heated golf jacket can last up to 16 hours on the low setting and as much as 8 hours on the high setting. Being able to have the jacket on high for up to 8 hours is great and better than many jackets you will find. It also has an additional zipper pocket on the front for carrying valuables. It is also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about your valuables getting wet. Click here to view this Men’s PROSmart waterproof heated jacket for golf available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
5 Things to Consider When Buying Heated Golf Jackets
Range of Motion
To me, maybe the most important attribute you need in a heated golf jacket is for it to not impact your golf swing. If the jacket you are wearing doesn’t let you swing properly, it is going to be very hard to play well. While keeping you warm and comfortable is key, you need to be able to swing freely or you might as well not be playing.
While you want to get a heated jacket that will keep you warm, just make sure it won’t keep you from being able to swing the club. While all jackets will likely make you play a little different vs summer attire, there are ones available that will have minimal impact and keep you warm.
The battery life on a heated jacket can really depend on how it is used. Some jackets will last up to 20 hours on low heat but as little as 3.5 hours on high heat. In general, even the jackets with short battery life will last a full round of golf. You will just have to be mindful to make sure it is fully charged before using it.
Depending on what else you may use it for, such as camping, you might want to prioritize jackets with long battery life. Most jackets will charge in a few hours though, so if you are near a power source it may not be a big deal.
The heating panels will vary in number and size. Understanding what you are comfortable with will determine what you want to buy. Typically, the more and larger the panels the warmer the jacket is and vice versa.
With more or larger panels, you may find the jacket to be unpleasant or uncomfortable. Also, the jackets with more panels tend to run out of battery life faster. So there are some tradeoffs that you need to think about.
Golf Gear To Consider
There are many things you will want to look into buying when heading to the golf course. Here are articles on gear you may want to look into before you play your next round:
- Sandals for Golf
- Slip on shoes for golf
- High Top Shoes for golfing
- Slim Fit Pants for Golf
- Fleece Golfing Jacket
- Hybrid Golfing Jacket
- Short Sleeve Golfing Jacket
- Golf Puffer Jacket
- Golf Jackets with removable sleeves
- Tapered Fit Golf Pants
- Golf Sweatshirts
If you are looking for sizing for your next set of golf shoes, here are our sizing guides we have for popular brands:
Washing and Drying
Some of these heated golf jackets can’t be machine washed at all. This is due to the wiring through the jacket. Some jackets can be machine washed, but you need to put them in a bag or at the very least take the battery out first. Some heated jackets you can machine wash without any prep just like you would any other coat. While none of these are that big of a deal, machine washing is the most convenient. Always check with the manufacturer when planning to wash it.