When playing a round of golf, nothing is more important than being comfortable. Many golf shoes on the market make you choose between performance and sore feet at the end of your round. Surprisingly, for the average golfer, wearing a pair of golf sandals or flip flop slides can be very enjoyable without giving up much performance. I like the FootJoy Men’s Golf Sandals because they have soft spikes that give me traction and they have a wide sole and several Velcro straps to give my feet plenty of support.
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
These are our favorite choices for the best golf sandals and flip flop slides:
- *Women’s* Skechers Spikeless Golf Sandals (click here to view)
- *Women’s* FootJoy Golfing Sandals (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Sandbaggers Spiked Golf Sandals (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Sandbaggers Spikeless Sandals for Golf (click here to view)
- *Men’s* FootJoy Golf Sandals (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Oregon Mudders Spiked Golf Sandals (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Margaritaville Golf Flip Flop Slides (click here to view)
- *Men’s* NOXNEX Spikeless Sandals for Golf(click here to view)
When it gets hot outside, it is nice to wear a pair of sandals to help keep your feet cool. A golf course may not seem like the first place you think of when wearing sandals, but golfing sandals have become quite popular. There are now many sandals and flip flop slides for golf that are comfortable to wear but still give the average golfer all the traction they need.
That is why I like the FootJoy golfing sandals for men. They have a wide sole that is comfortable and I can adjust the 3 Velcro straps to make them fit anyway I want. They also have soft spikes that give me all the traction I need on almost every surface on the golf course.
If you are someone who has pro level swing speed and torque, then you might want to consider buying a pair traditional golf shoes. But in general, golfing sandals will be good for almost everyone from performance and feel standpoint.
In this article let’s take a closer look at the best golf sandals for women and men so you can find a pair that fits your needs. Let’s also discuss a few things to consider when choosing your next pair of sandals for golfing.
Best Golf Sandals for Men and Women
Women’s Skecher Spikeless Golf Sandals
If you are looking for a comfortable, lightweight spikeless golfing sandal that also gives you plenty of traction then this Skecher’s sandal for golf is a great option. These sandals are spikeless, so they offer a nice even feel throughout the sole. They are designed with Skecher’s 5Gen cushion foam that will give you support and a comfortable feel when playing a round of golf.
Here is what this pair of Women’s Skechers Sandals for Golf looks like:
This is the current price of this pair of Women’s Skechers Spikeless Golfing Sandals available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this pair of women’s sandals for golf:
- Design – This a traditional looking pair of sandals with 2 Velcro straps that adjust for almost any size foot. The sole has extra cushion that is great for spending 3 to 4 hours walking around a golf course.
- Traction – Spikeless sandals such as these are very comfortable but can give up some traction to spiked options, especially when it is wet outside. In general though, these sandals will give the average golfer plenty of traction.
- Weight – These golfing sandals weigh approximately 3 pounds. The Skechers proprietary cushioning gives you a lightweight sandal that also prioritizes comfort and convenience.
Click here to buy this pair of Women’s Spikeless Golfing Sandals available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). With the spikeless design, these golf sandals are great to where on and off the golf course.
Men’s FootJoy Golf Sandals
This pair of FootJoy golfing sandals has a nice blend of comfortability with high end performance. These sandals have soft spikes for traction and a nice wide shoe that supports your whole foot. There are 3 different Velcro straps that go around and on top of your foot to hold it in place when walking and swinging a golf club. They are a traditional looking sandal with a simple yet stylish look.
Here is what this pair of Men’s FootJoy Golf Sandals looks like:
This is the current price of this Men’s FootJoy Sandals for Golf available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this pair of golfing sandals:
- Design– These sandals are a traditional looking sandal with 3 Velcro straps that hold your foot in place while you walk or swing a club. These sandals are open toed, so make sure you are wearing sunscreen on your feet.
- Traction – As mentioned, FootJoy designed these sandals with 6 soft spikes that are distributed evenly throughout the bottom of the sandal.
- Material – These men’s golf sandals are made form synthetic leather. This gives them a nice leather look but you don’t have to worry about getting them wet. They also are easy to clean after the round is over.
Click here to buy this pair of FootJoy Golfing Sandals for men available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). If you are looking specifically for a pair of men’s golfing flip flop slides, you should look at the Margaritaville sandals below.
Women’s FootJoy Golfing Sandals
If you want your golf sandals to have the secure feel that golf shoes provide, then these sandals are a great option for you. They have straps that go around the back of your ankle as well as around and on top of your feet. These sandals for golfing also have soft spikes on the bottom for added traction. As you can tell, these golfing sandals have a lot of the same qualities of a golf shoe while still giving you the convenience of a lightweight sandal.
Here is what this pair of Women’s FootJoy Golfing Sandals looks like:
This is the current price of this pair of Women’s Footjoy Golf Sandals available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this pair of golfing sandals:
- Design – With all the straps on these traditional looking sandals you won’t have to worry about your foot moving around when swinging a golf club. The straps are Velcro, so you can adjust them to almost any fit you desire.
- Traction – FootJoy placed soft rubber spikes on the bottom of the sandal for added traction. There are 6 spikes distributed evenly throughout the bottom of the sandal which helps make it more comfortable.
- Weight – These shoes weigh about 1.81 pounds, which makes them some of the lightest traditional looking golf sandals FootJoy makes. Even with the lightweight design, these shoes still give you a lot of traction and sturdiness.
Click here to buy this pair of Women’s FootJoy Golfing Sandals available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). If you are looking for a pair of sandals that prioritizes style, you should check out the Women’s Sandbaggers Spiked Golf Sandals in the section below.
Other Men and Women Golfing Sandals and Flip Flop Slides to Consider
- Men’s Oregon Mudders Spiked Golf Sandals – If you are looking for a lightweight pair of men’s golf sandals with plenty of spikes for traction, this is a great option. These golfing sandals weigh about 2.06 pounds and come with 8 removal soft spikes. They have 2 Velcro straps to adjust the fit plus a heel strap to keep your foot in place while wearing them. Click here to view this Men’s Oregon Mudders Spiked Sandals for Golf available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Women’s Sandbaggers Spiked Golf Sandals – While these sandals are a traditionally looking sandal, they also have some style elements that make them look better than most women’s golfing sandals. These sandals come with 2 straps to hold your foot in place and also have an orthopedic footbed for comfort and support. They are spikeless golfing sandals, but still have plenty of traction due to their cleated design. Click here to view this pair of Women’s Sandbaggers Spiked Sandals for Golf available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Men’s Margaritaville Golf Flip Flop Slides– – These golfing flip flop slides are a simple yet effective pair of sandals. They are designed for maximum comfort while you play a round of golf. They don’t have spikes, but they do have a molded pattern for added traction. The tongue is stitched with the patented Margaritaville construction, which means it is designed to handle the torque of a golf swing. These sandals are also a nice option to wear off the golf course after your round is complete. Click here to view this pair of Men’s Margaritaville Golf Flip Flop Slides available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
7 Things to Consider When Buying Golfing Sandals and Flip Flop Slides
As I discussed before, the average golfer will not have traction issues when playing in golf sandals or flip flop slides. With that said, there are some differences in the options you have for golfing sandals. The big difference from a grip perspective, is whether or not the sandal has spikes.
Spiked golf sandals will provide more traction for you, especially on wet or loose terrain (such as a bunker). Spikeless golf sandals will still be just fine in the vast majority of circumstances, just won’t have quite the grip as spiked golf sandals. While you may give up some added traction with a spikeless golf sandal they do tend to be a more comfortable sandal.
There are a couple different sandals for golf designs you can buy. You have the golf flip flop slide, which is very similar to a pair of flip flops you would see at a beach only with a few added features. They typically will have added traction on the bottom, with some even have spikes. These sandals are primarily designed for comfort and can be part of list of things you wear and bring to a PGA Tour event.
The next is the traditionally looking sandal for golf. These types of sandals will be spiked or spikeless and come with multiple straps to keep your feet secure in the sandal. Some sandals come with Velcro straps that you can adjust for tightness while others will have the loop and buckle design that have preset holes. Velcro straps will likely have more flexibility but may not be as stylish.
Golfing sandals provide a lightweight, comfortable golf sandal for the average golfer. When it comes to arch support, some are better than others though. If you are someone who needs arch support in their golfing sandals, you will likely want to buy a traditional looking sandal. You may also want to look around for golfing sandals that specifically design their sandals with extra arch support.
One thing to keep in mind is the sun being on your feet. If you are like most golfers, you probably have a tan line around your ankle area. When you wear golf sandals, your feet are exposed to the sun. You will want to wear sun protection, or you will likely have some burnt feet at the end of your round.
When the course is wet, your feet will obviously get wet as well. While that in itself isn’t a big deal, wet sandals can rub on your feet and cause blisters. So you will just want to be mindful of that. Sometimes I like to have a gauze pad I can tape on my foot if needed to prevent a blister.
Golf Gear To Consider
There are many things you will want to look into buying when heading to the golf course. Here are articles on gear you may want to look into before you play your next round:
- Loafer golfing shoes
- Golf High Top Shoes
- Slim Fit Pants for golfing
- Golf Fleece Jacket
- Heated Golfing Jacket
- Hybrid Golfing Jacket
- Half Sleeve Golfing Jacket
- Golfing Jackets with removable sleeves
- Tapered Golf Pants
- Golf Flip Flops
- Fleece Golf Jackets
- Battery Heated Golf Jackets
- Short Sleeve Golf Jackets
- Tapered Golf Pants
- Relaxed Fit Pants for Golf
If you are looking for sizing for your next set of golf shoes, here are our sizing guides we have for popular brands:
The vast majority of golfing sandals are lightweight, but they do vary depending on size and design. Most sandals for golf will weigh somewhere between 1 to 4 pounds. Golf flip flops will usually be the lightest sandals you can find. So if finding the lightest golf sandals is your top priority, then golf flip flops are probably your best bet. Keep in mind though, most golfing sandals weigh significantly less than golf shoes.
In general, most of these golf sandals will all fit true to size. Most of them only come in full sizes though, so I would recommend sizing up. If you aren’t sure of your golf shoe size, we offer some sizing guides for Nike and Adidas that might help you learn what size golfing shoes you should buy.