Once the weather starts getting colder, it is important to have all the necessary gear to keep you warm on the golf course. Having a fleece golf jacket is a great option for both colder weather and rain. I like the Men’s Weatherproof windbreaker fleece golf jacket because it is rain resistant and it is lightweight. It also doesn’t affect my range of motion when I am swinging the club. To me, if you are wearing a golf jacket that doesn’t allow you to swing the club properly, it can really take the fun out of golf. This Weatherproof jacket solves that problem.
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
These are our favorite choices for the best fleece golf jackets:
- *Men’s* Weatherproof Windbreaker Fleece Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Columbia Steen’s Full Zip Golf Fleece Jacket (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Callaway Golf Long Sleeve Fleece Jacket (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Amazon Essentials Water-Resistant Fleece Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Under Armour Golf Fleece Jacket (click here to view)
- *Men’s* Three Sixty Six Golf Pullover Fleece Sweater Jacket (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Amazon Essentials Soft Fleece Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Columbia Soft Fleece Golf Jacket (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Callaway Golf Fleece Jacket (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Adidas Fleece Bomber Golf Jacket (click here to view)
Golfing in the fall months of the year can be some of the best times of the year to tee it up. The weather is usually cool and the beauty of changing leaves can give you breathtaking sceneries. With that said, if you don’t have a comfortable golf jacket to wear, it can get quite cold and sometimes miserable.
That is why I own multiple fleece jackets, but I especially like the Weatherproof Windbreaker Golf Jacket. This jacket will keep you warm and it doesn’t affect your range of motion. This means that even though you have an extra layer on, your swing should feel as it always does.
When buying your next jacket, you should consider all the different weather conditions that you like to play golf in and if your jacket is suited for them. For example, #3 on our list, the Callaway golf jacket, has an extra layer of insulation that will help in cold weather. You also want to make sure the jacket has pockets to keep your hands warm or hold things such as a phone or golf tees.
In this article let’s take a closer look at the best fleece golf jackets for men and women so you can find a jacket that fits your needs. Let’s also discuss a few things to consider when choosing your next jacket for golfing.
Best Fleece Golf Jackets for Men and Ladies
Men’s Weatherproof Windbreaker Fleece Golf Jacket
As mentioned, playing golf in the fall and early winter can be quite enjoyable if you are prepared. Part of being prepared is having a good jacket that keeps you warm without hurting your golf game. This Men’s Weatherproof Fleece Jacket will give you a light jacket that is great for cooler temperatures while also allowing you a full range of motion when playing golf. I also love that you can use this jacket in the rain, as it is water-resistant.
Here is what this Men’s Weatherproof Golf Jacket looks like:
This is the current price of this Men’s Weatherproof Fleece Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this jacket:
- Material – This fleece jacket is made from nylon and polyester, giving it a “slick” feel and look. This combination makes it a lightweight jacket but still provides warmth.
- Design – If you are looking for a classic looking jacket, then this is it. This Weatherproof golf jacket has a full zipper and a pocket for each hand. It has premium finishes around the bottom of the jacket and end of sleeves.
- Weather – As mentioned this fleece jacket is waterproof, so you can confidently wear it in the rain and not worry about getting wet. This jacket is also wind resistant which will help keep you warm as well.
Click here to buy this Men’s Fleece jacket for golfing available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Not only is this fleece jacket great for golf, it can also double as an everyday jacket.
Men’s Columbia Steen’s Full Zip Golf Fleece Jacket
This is a classic Columbia jacket with soft fleece that is nice to the touch and very comfortable to wear. This jacket is specifically designed to keep you warm. It has two pockets with zipper closures to keep each hand warm or to carry valuables such as a cell phone or wallet. The jacket also has a collar that helps keep your body heat in and breaks the wind.
Here is what this Men’s Columbia Fleece Golf Jacket looks like:
This is the current price of this Men’s Columbia Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this jacket:
- Lining– As mentioned, this golf jacket is designed to keep you warm but also not be a heavy coat. It has an inner lining that helps keep your heat in. It has lining on for the body cavity and the sleeves.
- Design – This is a classic style Columbia jacket with a full zipper from and a pocket for each hand. It has a draw cord around the waist to adjust for fit preference. The collar can fold down or stay up as well depending on how you like it.
- Material – This Columbia golf jacket is made from a filament fleece, which is also a type of polyester. This jacket can be machine washed as well.
Click here to buy this Men’s Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). This jacket is designed to keep you comfortable in a wide range of temperatures.
Ladies Amazon Essentials Soft Fleece Golf Jacket
This ladies fleece golf jacket is a lightweight close fitting jacket that is great for fall temperatures. One thing I really love about this jacket is how soft and fuzzy it is. When you feel it, you can tell how comfortable and warm it is going to be. The jacket also has the standard two front pockets that have a zipper closure.
Here is what this Women’s Amazon Essentials Fleece Jacket looks like:
This is the current price of this Women’s Amazon Essentials Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). Here’s what you need to know about this jacket:
- Design – This fleece golfing jacket is a classic style jacket with a full zipper front and a zipper pocket for each hand or to carry valuables. It also has a small collar that will lay flat or fold up depending on what you need.
- Fit – This is an Amazon brand and it fits true to size. It is designed to fit close to the body but not hug too tight. It is supposed to be a comfortable fit which is great for mobility for outdoor activities like golfing.
- Material – This golfing jacket is made from 100% polyester and is machine washable. It is a polar fleece, so it is very soft. warm and comfy.
Click here to buy this Women’s Amazon Essentials Soft Fleece Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). With this being a classic designed jacket, it is great for on and off the golf course.
Other Men’s and Ladies Fleece Golf Jackets to Consider
- Men’s Callaway Golf Long Sleeve Fleece Jacket – As mentioned above, this jacket has an extra layer of lining on the inside to add even more warmth than the standard fleece jacket. It is 100% polyester and machine washable. I like that it has a mock collar that gives you added warmth but you don’t have to worry about putting it up or down. I also like the Callaway logo on the sleeve as it gives off a fun golf vibe. Click here to view this Men’s Callaway Golf Fleece Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Women’s Columbia Soft Fleece Golf Jacket – This ladies fleece golf jacket gives you a classic look but is also made from new microfleece materials. This Columbia jacket has a full zipper and a collar to help keep you warm on the course. The jacket is lightweight and doesn’t affect your range of motion on the course, which is key in a golfing jacket. It is 100% polyester fleece and is machine washable. Click here to view this Women’s Columbia Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Men’s Amazon Essentials Water-Resistant Golf Jacket – I like this Amazon Essentials fleece jacket because of the water resistance it provides. There is nothing worse than getting your clothes wet during a round. This jacket will solve that problem for you. The pockets are water-resistant as well, so you can confidently keep your phone or other valuables in your pocket. This fleece jacket should fit true to size as well. Click here to view this Men’s Amazon Essentials Water-Resistant Golf Jacket available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
5 Things to Consider When Buying Fleece Golf Jackets
Range of Motion
To me, maybe the most important attribute you need in a golf jacket is for it to not impact your golf swing. If the jacket you are wearing doesn’t let you swing properly, it is going to be very hard to play well. While keeping you warm and comfortable is key, you need to be able to swing freely or you might as well not be playing.
So when you are looking for your next fleece jacket for golf, just make sure the style is a relaxed fit but not too baggy. The jacket shouldn’t be so heavy that it sacrifices mobility for warmth. Most jackets will work great, but just be thinking about how it will affect your swing.
Golfers tend to have quite a few things in their pockets like tees, quarters, divot repair tools, and golf balls. Some keep their keys and phone in them as well. While your pants likely have pockets, when it is cold outside it can be nice to keep those necessities in your warm jacket pockets. Also, when you have pockets in your jacket, you can buy hand warmers for added warmth.
Some fleece golf jackets will come with an interior pocket as well. This can be a nice place to store your cell phone. When it gets cold outside, some phones will lose battery life quickly or even shut off completely when they get cold. So having an interior pocket can be a good place to keep it warm and out of the way.
In general, you want a jacket that will break the wind, keep you warm, and keep you dry. Fleece jackets are great at all three of these, but some types are better than others. You can see below the three common types of fleece golf jackets, but in general you want to pay attention to what the seller has to offer.
They should tell you whether or not they are wind and water/rain resistant. The warmest jackets will have extra lining and collars a well. You can also look into heated golf jackets if it is really cold outside. And one other option to consider are hybrid golf jackets, which help ensure that your arms move freely while you swing. To see options, visit our article about the best hybrid golf jackets.
Golf Gear To Consider
There are many things you will want to look into buying when heading to the golf course. Here are articles on gear you may want to look into before you play your next round:
- Golf Sandals and Slides
- Slip on shoes for golf
- High Top Shoes for golf
- Golf Slim Fit Pants
- Battery Heated Golf Jacket
- Hybrid Golf Jackets
- Short Sleeve Golfing Jacket
- Golf Jackets with zip off sleeves
- Tapered Fit Golf Pants
- Sweater Vests for Golf
If you are looking for sizing for your next set of golf shoes, here are our sizing guides we have for popular brands:
Types of Fleece
There are a few different common types of fleece that you should know about. The most common type of fleece is polyester. Polyester fleece jackets are typically smooth and have a shiny outer feel while the inside is soft and plush. These jackets are typically better for repelling water.
Next comes the microfleece jackets for golf. These are double sided fleece garments that are shiny, so not quite as soft but they are lightweight. Microfleece jackets are usually considered the best for repelling water but can give up some warmth.
Another common material is polar fleece. These types of jackets are all about warmth. These jackets are great for colder temperatures as they are very plush. There are a few other types of fleece out there, but these are the most common types of fleece golf jackets.