Tapered golf pants provide a nice, tailored fit which prevents pants from looking too baggy below the knee. I like the Adidas Ultimate Tapered Fit Golf Pants because not only are they tapered, but they are also made with a stretch fabric that is flexible and allows both the hips and legs to move freely during the golf swing. They also have internal waist taping to help keep shirts tucked in.
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
These are my choices for the best tapered fit golf pants:
- Adidas Men’s Ultimate Tapered Regular-Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Under Armour Men’s Isochill Tapered Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Nike Men’s Dri-FIT UV Tapered Golf Chino Pants (click here to view)
- Adidas Men’s Ultimate 3 Stripe Golf Tapered Pants (click here to view)
- Under Armour Men’s UA Golf Showdown Tapered Pants (click here to view)
- Footjoy Men’s Tour Tailored Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Under Armour Men’s Tech Tapered Pants (click here to view)
- *Insulated* Under Armour Men’s ColdGear Infrared Tapered Pants (click here to view)
- *Women’s* PUMA Women’s PWRSHAPE Golf Pants (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Under Armour Women’s UA Links Golf Pants (click here to view)
The first thing you will need to consider when buying tapered golf pants, is what kind of fit do you prefer? Do you want a slim-fit leg, or more of a regular-fit leg?
Because most of these golf pants use a lightweight, stretch fabric blend, they are best used in warmer or mild weather. Under Armour does offer a pair of insulated tapered fit golf pants which I have linked in the list above.
In this article let’s take a closer look at the best tapered pants for golf so you can find an option that fits your needs. Let’s also discuss several things to consider when buying these types of modern fit golf pants.
Best Tapered Golf Pants
Adidas Men’s Ultimate Tapered Regular-Fit Golf Pants
These Adidas tapered-fit pants are combined with a regular fit that isn’t too tight or too loose. These will be a nice option for those of you who don’t want baggy pants, but also don’t like your golf pants to be skin tight. Here’s what you need to know about these Adidas modern fit golf pants:
- Material – These pants are made using a stretch fabric blend so that they remain flexible and move with you as you swing. The waistband also has flexible material to help your hips turn freely through your golf swing.
- Fit – Yes, these are golf pants with a tapered fit design. As I mentioned above, these pants have a regular fit that isn’t too tight or too loose. This gives you clean, modern fit golf pants that aren’t too tight or restrictive.
- Design – These tapered golf pants have two back pockets and two side pockets to give you a place to store your tee, ball marker, or yardage book. Although these pants taper, they still have leg openings that can slide just over the top of most types of golf shoes.
Click here to view these Adidas tapered fit golf pants available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). These pants are machine washable.
Under Armour Men’s Isochill Tapered Fit Golf Pants
Under Armour is another company that has grown its golf-apparel footprint over the last decade. These UA golf pants taper below the knee and have fabric designed to help disperse body heat and keep you cool out on the course. Here’s what you need to know about these UA modern fit golf pants:
- Material – These pants use a lightweight, stretch fabric that not only is comfortable, but is also designed to help disperse body heat. The waistband is also made with stretch fabric to ensure freedom of movement. The material is stain-resistant.
- Design – These pants have a four-pocket design for storage. As we discussed above, the fabric is designed for hot weather. Under Armour’s “Isochill” fabric is designed to feel cool against the skin. The fabric pulls heat away from the body and disperses it in a way that the fabric remains cool to the touch.
Click here to view these Under Armour tapered golf pants available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). These pants are machine washable.
Nike Men’s Dri-FIT UV Tapered Golf Chino Pants
It’s hard to discuss performance-wear, and not discuss Nike. These Nike golf pants are made with Nike’s popular Dri-FIT fabric to help you stay cool and dry on the course. They also offer UV protection. Here’s what you need to know about these Nike modern fit golf pants:
- Material – These Nike golf pants are made with a flexible, stretch fabric blend. They are designed to wick away sweat to help you stay dry while out there in the heat. These tailored fit golf pants have a slight taper below the knee to fit the shape of your leg.
- Design – These tapered golf pants have standard back pockets and side hand pockets, but they also have a small tee pocket that makes them a bit unique compared to other pants. Taping on the inside of the waist helps your shirt stayed tucked. Chino design looks good both on and off the course.
Click here to view these Nike tailored fit golf pants available at Nike.com (affiliate link takes you to Nike.com). These golf pants are machine washable.
Other Tapered Fit Golf Pants to Consider
- Footjoy Men’s Tour Tapered Fit Golf Pants – These Footjoy golf pants use a stretch fabric blend and also have a flexible waist for increased comfort and freedom of movement. These are tailored fit golf pants that have a refined taper below the knee. They have deep side pockets so you can easily store your tee, golf balls, and other essentials. Click here to view these Footjoy tapered golf pants (affiliate link takes you to Footjoy.com).
- Under Armour Men’s ColdGear Infrared Tapered Pants – Golfing in colder weather? It can be difficult to find golf pants that actually help retain body heat. These UA pants are lined to help absorb your body heat to help keep you warm on the course. Yes, they have a tapered design. Click here to view these UA winter golf pants (affiliate link takes you to UnderArmour.com)
- PUMA Women’s PWRSHAPE Golf Pants – These Puma women’s golf pants are made with a slightly tapered leg and have four way stretch fabric that stretches both left and right and up and down. They are made with sweat wicking fabric and have a design that finishes above the ankle. Click here to view these Puma women’s tapered fit golf pants available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
5 Things to Consider When Buying Tapered Golf Pants
Fabric can have a large impact on the performance of your golf pants. Obviously, a stretch fabric blend is a good thing since it allows your legs and hips to move freely during your swing. To see options, visit our article about the best stretch golf pants.
But you’ll also want to consider the breathability and performance of the fabric. Some golf pants will use fabric designed to wick away sweat to help keep you cool and dry on the course. And some pants, like the UA Isochill pants on our list, are designed to disperse body heat.
Slim Fit vs Regular Fit
A tapered fit has to do with the cut of the material below the knee. Tapered fit pants will narrow as they near the ankle to mimic the natural shape of the leg, and create a more tailored appearance.
You can find tapered leg golf pants in both slim fit and looser fit designs. Obviously, personal preference on fit will likely impact which style is best for you. If you want to read more about slim options, visit our article about the best slim cut golf pants.
Design Features of Tapered Fit Golf Pants
In general, most golf pants are similar. But there are small design differences that can make a huge difference. Here are some things to consider:
- Pockets – How many pockets do you need? Most golf pants come with a four-pocket design, but some will also additional pockets.
- Stretch Waist – As we discussed above, many golf pants use stretch fabric. Well, it’s also important that the golf pants have a flexible waist so your hips can move freely during your golf swing.
- Taping – If you wear your golf shirt tucked in, it’s important to buy golf pants that have inner taping around the waist that help keep the shirt tucked in.
Golf Gear To Consider
There are many things besides your tapered golf pants that you will want to look into buying when heading to the golf course. Here are articles on gear you may want to look into before you play your next round:
- Golf Sandals
- Low Top Slip On Golf Shoes
- High Top Golf Shoes
- Fleece Golf Jackets
- Battery Heated Golf Jackets
- Short Sleeve Golf Jackets
- Convertible Golf Jackets
- Hybrid Golf Jackets
- Insulated Golf Jackets
- Short Golfing Shorts
If you are looking for sizing for your next set of golf shoes, here are our sizing guides we have for popular brands:
As I mentioned above, some tapered fit golf pants will have a lightweight design with fabric designed to disperse body heat and wick sweat away from the body. Obviously, these types of pants can be your best friend during the summer months.
But for cooler weather, they can cause issues. If you are looking for tapered golf pants for cold weather, the Under Armour Men’s ColdGear Infrared Pants are lined to help absorb and retain body heat. And yes, they have a tapered leg. Click here to view these UA winter golf pants (affiliate link takes you to UnderArmour.com).