Loose fitting golf pants give golfers an extra layer for mild or cool temperatures but also are still quite comfortable. Relaxed fit golf pants are great for fall or spring conditions when temperatures are low enough that shorts just won’t keep you warm, but are also light enough they can be worn during some summer months. I like the Lesmart Men’s relaxed fit golf pants because not only do they have a relaxed stretch fit, but they are also lightweight, making them very comfortable.
*This page contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. (info)
These are my choices for the best relaxed fit golf pants:
- Lesmart Men’s Relaxed Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Nike Men’s Dri-FIT UV Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Walter Hagen Core Relaxed Golf Pants (click here to view)
- PUMA Golf Men’s Jackpot Loose Fit Pants (click here to view)
- Peter Millar Performance Five-Pocket Pants (click here to view)
- Lesmart Men’s Lightweight Relaxed Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Adidas Men’s Climalite Relaxed Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- Bakery Golf Relaxed Fit Golf Pants (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Nike Women’s Flex Fit Victory Golf Pants (click here to view)
- *Women’s* Lee Women’s Relaxed Fit Capri Pant (click here to view)
The first thing you need to decide on when you are looking to buy relaxed or loose fitting golf pants is how you want them to fit. You can get golf pants that are stretchable and elastic or just pants that are bigger than the standard golf pants.
The relaxed fit stretch golf pants tend to be lighter and ideal for mild temperatures. The loose fitting golf pants are usually a little heavier and will work for in mild and colder temperatures.
In this article let’s take a closer look at the best relaxed fitting pants for golf so you can find options that fit your needs. Let’s also discuss several things to consider when buying these types of loose fitting golf pants.
Best Relaxed Fit Golf Pants
Lesmart Men’s Relaxed Fit Golf Pants
These Lesmart relaxed fit pants are a classic golf pant that is flexible and lightweight. They have a straight leg design that also stretches to keep your swing free. Here’s what you need to know about these Lesmart loose fit golf pants:
- Pockets and Zipper– These pants have 4 pockets. They have two large front pockets where you can keep an extra ball and tees. They also have two pockets in the back that can hold your glove or scorecard. They also come with a YKK zipper.
- Fit – While these are relaxed fit pants, they are stretchable so if you want them to fit really loose, you will want to buy 1 size up than you normally do. While slimmer, they are still a relaxed fit that is very easy to move in.
- Design – These pants have a straight leg design with stitch lines on each side for added style. They have a built in flex waistband that allows for adjustment for however you like them to fit around your waist. Also, they come with a 50 SPF rating.
Click here to view these Lesmart relaxed fit golf pants available at Amazon (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com). These golf pants are machine washable.
Nike Dri-FIT UV Golf Pants
Nike is one of the largest golf apparel companies and they make great golf pants. These Dri-Fit golf pants are very comfortable and are made with stretch material to give you a relaxed feel. Here’s what you need to know about these Nike relaxed fit golf pants:
- Fit– These pants have a relaxed fit but also taper from the knee to the hem giving you a more tailored finish around the ankle. They have a button to close the pants along with a zipper.
- Design – These Nike golf pants have a water repellant technology that will help keep them dry. They are made with a stretch material to give you comfort and free range of motion. They also have a special material around the waist that helps keep your shirt from untucking.
Click here to view these Nike loose fitting golf pants available at Nike (affiliate link takes you to Nike.com). These golf pants are machine washable.
Walter Hagen Core Relaxed Golf Pants olf Chino Pants
Walter Hagen makes high quality and performance golf apparel that is great on and off the course. These pants are made with Hydro-Dri technology that will keep you dry and comfortable. They have a relaxed fit with stretch fabric making them very easy to play in. Here’s what you need to know about these Walter Hagen loose fitting golf pants:
- Material – These Walter Hagen golf pants are made from 100% polyester. They have a special 2 way stretch fabric that gives you comfort and freedom of movement for any shot. They also have Walter Hagen’s Hydro-Dri feature that wicks away moisture. Lastly, the material provides protection from the sun with built in UV blocking.
- Design – These loose fit golf pants have front and back pocket knitting to give you additional room and comfort. They have a silicon lining around the waist to grip your shirt and keep it from untucking. They also have a stretch waistband giving you flexibility around the waist.
Click here to view these Walter Hagen relaxed fit golf pants available at Dick’s Sporting Goods (affiliate link takes you to Dickssportinggoods.com). These pants are machine washable.
Other Loose Fit Golf Pants to Consider
- PUMA Golf Men’s Jackpot Loose Fit Pants – PUMA has really developed their golf apparel over the years and these Jackpot relaxed fit pants are very comfortable. They are made with polyester with a moisture wicking technology to keep you dry on the course. They also have a stretch waistband that has a silicone gripper to keep your shirt in place. Click here to view these PUMA relaxed fit golf pants (affiliate link takes you to Amazon.com).
- Peter Millar Performance Five-Pocket Pants -These Peter Millar golf pants have an extra pocket for tees or other golf gear. They come with stretch fabric for added comfort and a relaxing fit. These pants are easily cared for and are designed to stay wrinkle free. Click here to view these Peter Millar loose fitting golf pants (affiliate link takes you to PeterMillar.com)
- Nike Women’s Flex Fit Victory Golf Pants – Made with a polyester and a spandex blend, these Nike Women’s golf pants give you a comfortable yet stylish fit. The fabric will stretch in any direction, which is nice when playing golf. They have plenty of storage with 4 pockets and they also protect you from the sun with a 40+ SPF rating. Click here to view these Nike Women’s relaxed fit golf pants available at Dicks Sporting Goods (affiliate link takes you to Dickssportinggoods.com).
5 Things to Consider When Buying Relaxed Fit Golf Pants
Most of the relaxed fit golf pants have a stretchable fabric that fits loose through the thighs and waist and will move with you during your golf swing. Most of the time, the stretch fabric will also be wrinkle free, which means less maintenance. To see options, visit our article about the best stretch golf pants.
Some fabrics are also designed to wick away sweat from your body to keep you cool. These fabrics should help keep you dry as well, meaning a nice comfortable round of golf.
As mentioned many of these relaxed fit golf pants are loose fitting but also are made of stretch material to make sure you have full comfort. With that said, if you are looking for pants that are really loose, I would recommend buying one size larger.
Most golf pants in general are going to have a more classic fit, as golf pants are not designed to be super loose. This is to make sure your pants don’t impact your movement. Again, while these pants are looser fitting than most, if you want something really baggy I would recommend one size larger than you normally wear.
Design Features of Loose Fitting Golf Pants
In general, most golf pants are similar. But there are small design differences that can make a huge difference. Here are some things to consider:
- Pockets – Having pockets is key for holding your golf gear such as tees or a divot repair tool. Most pants just offer the standard 4 pockets. There are some that offer bigger pockets designed to hold golf balls, while other pants can have 5 or more pockets.
- Lining – In general, most of these loose fitting golf pants are made from lightweight fabric. So if you are looking for a pair of pants you can wear in the winter, you will want to find some that have extra lining in them.
- Waistband – Look for pants that have an elastic waistband. Pants with an elastic waistband will stretch with your body and keep you comfortable. Also, many of these pants will have a silicone gripper to keep your shirt from untucking.
Golf Gear To Consider
There are many things besides your relaxed fit golf pants that you will want to look into buying when heading to the golf course. Here are articles on gear you may want to look into before you play your next round:
- Golfing Sandals
- Low Top Slip On Golf Shoes
- High Top Golf Shoes
- Slim Fit Golf Pants
- Heated Golfing Jackets
- Short Sleeve Golfing Jacket
- Convertible Golf Jackets
- Hybrid Golfing Jackets
- Winter Golf Jackets
- Short Golf Shorts
If you are looking for sizing for your next set of golf shoes, here are our sizing guides we have for popular brands:
Many relaxed fit golf pants will have built in sun protection, but some do not. Also, there are differences in the level of protection, with some going as high as 50 SPF. Many loose fit golf pants will also have some type of drying or water resistant technology to keep you dry and comfortable.
If you are also looking for warmer relaxed fit golf pants, you will want to look for ones that have extra lining. Many of the relaxed fit golf pants on the market have stretch material that is lighter and designed for mild or cool temperatures vs winter conditions.